Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Mid-semester break

So I'm currently on mid-semester break at the moment and although I wouldn't really call it a break with the amount of work I have to do, it is still so nice to be able to do my work from the comfort of home.  For the past few days, I have been sitting on my bed with my laptop in front of me, my notes and books around me, a nice view out the window and also music playing non-stop.  Also not having to pay a crazy amount for a warm drink is another a bonus!

Something else I absolutely love about doing uni work from home is that I can wear whatever I feel like.  I never dress to impress when I go to uni; I will wear something which is comfortable, presentable, and I feel happy and confident wearing.  And where hair and makeup is concerned, I majority of the time will leave my hair to do it's own thing and pin my fringe back, while wearing the smallest amount of makeup possible!  Usually only includes foundation, mascara and some lip balm!  The facially naked look, is my go to look.

What I wear at home, definitely would not be given the thumbs up at my uni!  Track pants, tights, hoodies and large jumpers are the go to wardrobe essentials for me - it is comfort all the way!  I don't bother wearing any form of makeup while I'm at home and my hair will be put up into a bun or ponytail.  I find it funny that while I'm home I will always put my hair up and have it out of my face, but on days I go to uni it is always down!

Last thing which I love about this time is that I can listen to whatever music I want!  I look forward to the day where anyone can say "I love (insert music choice here)!" and they don't get judged on their music preferences.  I have been listening to a lot of Katy Perry, 5 Seconds of Summer and Jónsi lately, and find these can just be played in the background and do not distract me too much.  Okay whenever Katy Perry and 5 Seconds of Summer are playing I will break out into dance (and drum solos when appropriate) but Jónsi is definitely perfect for background music!

Anyway, until next time!  Toodle pip! :)

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx