Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Travel Dream #1 - Pooh Sticks

Hey there!

Travel - make a journey, typically of some length.

So this is my first installment of the travel series I wrote about here  !  I hope you all enjoy it, it's something different for me and I'm looking forward to it!!!

When I was little I would watch and read a lot of Winnie the Pooh and a game called Pooh Sticks was played from time to time.  Simple game.  You drop a stick on the upstream side of the bridge and whoever has the stick which appears first on the downstream side of the bridge is the winner!

Pooh Sticks (source)

It was only a couple of weeks ago that I found out there is a bridge in East Sussex in England where A. A. Milne and his son originally played Pooh Sticks.  When I found this out, as Winnie the Pooh was such a large part of my childhood, this is definitely a location I would like to visit for the personal reasons associated and the memories I got from this as a kid!

It's probably not the usual place people would want to go when traveling but I see travel as a very personal thing and you'd want to make the most of it!

The Pooh Sticks Bridge in Ashdown Forrest (source)

Even from just looking through images of Ashdown Forrest, where the bridge is found, the place looks so peaceful and many beautiful photographs would definitely be taken!

This will be a regular type of post for me for while now but I don't really have a time schedule when I'll post everything but do keep your eyes peeled for the next one!

Thanks for reading, until next time! :)

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx