Friday, 29 August 2014

Banana Weet-Bix Chop-Chip Muffins!!

Hey hey hey!!!

First thing's first, I'm the realest.  And Emma proceeds to sing Fancy.........

Sorry couldn't resist!  But just want to put it forward that I am not a chef or cook or baker of any form.  Today I saw we had some bananas and thought why not make some banana muffins?!  Last year, I had made some banana muffins by Stephanie Alexander for university and wanted to do something a little different so looked up recipes for banana and choc-chip muffins!

Also do realise that my last post I was saying how I'm trying to be healthy.  I'm not making these all for myself (fambalam, aka my family, will be eating them too) and also they aren't going to be eaten in one sitting.  Just wanted to put that out there!

Continuing on!  I found the recipe here if you want to go and check it out but I'll also be writing everything out here as well for you.  And on with the ingredients and recipe we go!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 4 Weet-Bix
  • 3/4 cup of milk (185ml)
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 tablespoons of margarine (80g)
  • 1 1/2 cups of sifted self raising flour
  • 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
  • 1 cup of chocolate chips
RECIPE:
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
  2. Grease a 12-hole muffin pan.  Mash the bananas in a bowl, crumble in the Weet-Bix and then stir in the milk.
  3. Set aside for 10 minutes.  Meanwhile, beat together eggs and margarine and add this to the banana mixture.  Combine the flour and sugar in a large bowl and add to the wet ingredients with the choc chips.
  4. Stir until just combined, then spoon into the muffin pans and bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
We tried our muffins a few minutes after they came out of the oven and they tasted delicious!!!  I'd also like to note that we used 5 bananas in this recipe, just because our bananas were small ones.  Also, we used a little less chocolate than what was written but I doubt it would have made a massive difference.  We also sprinkled a tiny bit of raw sugar onto the top but that is totally optional!  And you could also use larger patty tins (I think that's what they're called) but I just picked out plain white one which I think were for cupcakes...







I'm not saying this because I made them and all that but they did taste delicious!  And my family also ate them and didn't complain or anything so thumbs up!!! One of the steps reminded me of my breakfast...  But I do love me some Weet-Bix, banana and milk!  I'm a Weet-Bix kid!!!

Well this was different for me to write about!  I hope you liked it and feel free to try them out and tell me how they turn out for you!  I'd love to know!

As always, thank you for reading!

Until next time, keep smiling :) :) :)

2 comments:

  1. These look gorgeous and so healthy! i would never of thought of putting Weetabix in there! Abi :) myw0rldmyview.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They taste amazing with Weet-Bix! Adds a whole new flavour to the muffin! Definitely will be making them again :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx