Monday, 17 November 2014

Honesty About Music

Hello there!


Where to start this.. We're all friends right?  We're all honest with what we blog about?  Right, cool.  So honesty is the best policy, I've always been told this.  Sometimes it is hard to be honest, you may not want to hurt someones feeling, or you may find yourself in the wrong books with people, but at the end of the day it's important to be honest.

Music.  I love music.  Music has been a massive part of my life.  From dancing around the sitting room listening to The Beach Boys and using pillows as surfboards, to playing the violin and clarinet through my school years and just in general listening to music.  I love music.

Everyone has different tastes in music.  Some people like folk, or rock, other people prefer classical or pop music.  And do you know what?  That is 100% fine.  I may not like the music you like and you may not like the music I like and look at that, that is perfectly fine.

For the most part people will accept what you like to listen to.  But this isn't always the case.  And if annoys me so much!  There are artists that my family and friends listen to and I don't really like it, but I keep that to myself.  I accept that they like that type of music.

Thing is, I like One Direction.  I wasn't there from the beginning, I've only got their CDs, I haven't been to any of their concert (thank god for people who take a camera and record the concerts!), I just enjoy their music :)  I won't scream or lose my cool when I see their face on a poster or magazine and I know that I will never meet them and you know, I think it's safe to say I won't be Mrs Horan in the future.

I don't hide that I like One Direction.  I don't think you should have to hide away from what you like just because your family and friends don't agree.  I have friends who like Justin Bieber.  I'm not a fan of his but I'm not going to make them feel crap because of it.  If they want to listen to him, I don't have a problem with it.

I like my music.  You like your music.  It's my choice what I listen to.  It's your choice what you listen to.  Simple as that.

I'm happy to say I like One Direction (there are many other artists, but I wanted to use 1D as an example) and I'm not going to stop listening to them just because it's not "cool".  It's not "cool" to bag people out based on what music they wish to put in their ears!

Right and there is my little rant about music and honesty....  I just can't wait to live in a world where we don't get judged on what music we listen to!

Thank you for reading :)

Until next time, keep smiling (and listen to whatever ever you want!) :) :) :) xxx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, music means a lot to me too!

    louleecutie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) can't imagine a world without music!! Em xxx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx