Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Interior Love | Exposed Brick

Hey there!

Aside from my massive love of interiors which feature timber I also have a thing for exposed materials.  And in this case exposed bricks, masonary whatever you feel like calling it!  I absolutely love when people honor the material they are working with and when people paint or just cover up brick walls I sometimes question their motives haha I know people will have different design styles to me so this is all my opinion and feel free to disagree with me!  I just love exposed brick!

                                           Credit                                                                                             Credit

I really love the combination of exposed brick and timber in the image above and to the right.  Fancy that haha also the pieces of furniture are amazing and suit these interiors amazingly!  Rustic, warm, timber, touch of industrial!  Ah perfect!

                                            Credit                                                                                                  Credit

These are just some of the amazing interiors I came across while I was having a little session on Pinterest.  I find that exposed brick gives the interior warmth and shows off what the building used to be.  At uni, my last studio assignment was like an adaptive reuse of the building and I wanted to respect that by showing off what was already there!  And I think when yu have exposed brick, it just gives the space characters and adds something that a coat of paint or wallpaper just can't achieve.

Right now my dream house is looking like a loft space with an exposed brick wall.... So uhm anyone know where I can purchase one?  Good price too if thats alright heheheh

Anyone else share my love of exposed brick?  What interior style do you love?

Until next time, keep smiling :) :) :)

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I love your blog, your posts are so nice!

    P.S We share the same last name c:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha aww thanks! And really? Haha interesting to know! Look forward to reading more of your blog posts :) Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love exposed brick walls! Hopefully I will be living in an apartment like that some day! :)

    I would love it if we would follow each other on bloglovin! Please check out my blog and let me know if you have followed me. I will follow back immediately!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been reading through your blog :) it's beautiful! Definitely followed :) Em xxx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx