I have played the clarinet for quite a long time and it has probably been one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. I've grown more confident, met some amazing people, played in amazing venues and I also now know how to play the clarinet!
I saw this and snorted.
10. My clarinet case took up quite a chunk of my locker.
9. Uhmmmmm tuning is my WORST NIGHTMARE!
8. Tell that to my wallet.
7. We look the opposite of cute when we play.
6. This is true.
5. Also true.
4. If you're talking about a dainty horse then sure, true.
3. I despise high notes.
2. Never get on the wrong side of a clarinet player.
1. Uhm NO.. When you're not playing in a concert or competition and you have to sit your clarinet up right on your thigh then take it away to play and you have a ring of spit on your leg. Yeah lovely.
But I will say I love playing the clarinet. Sure busting your lip when you play for way too long isn't fun (can't have vegemite, burns like a *****) but wow I am so glad I decided to play clarinet! I've had the same crappy plastic students clarinet for over ten years and wouldn't swap it for anything!
Until next time, keep smiling :) :) :) xx