Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Blogmas Day 3: Chocolate Crackle Slice

Hey there :)

So if you're like me you love chocolate (especially dark chocolate) and when you're flicking through a magazine at your best friends place and come across a recipe which includes dark chocolate you take a photo and save it for another day.  Now I have no idea what magazine I got this from and can't for the life of me find it anywhere on the interwebs and I can't find the photo I took of the recipe :(

Also need to put it out there that this is not in anyway healthy, so if you came here hoping to see a healthy recipe, sorry!  I love me some chocolate, but boy oh boy, you eat this in small pieces!

INGREDIENTS:

  • 200g block of dark cooking chocolate
  • 125g unsalted butter (chopped)
  • 2tblsps honey
  • 4 1/2 cups of Coco Pops
  • 200g glace cherries (chopped)

METHOD:

  1. Grease a lamington pan.  Line the base and sides with baking paper and extent the paper so it is 2cm above the edges.
  2. Break up the dark chocolate and gently melt in the microwave on a medium power until smooth.
  3. Stir in the Coco Pops and cherries.
  4. Once mixed together, press into your prepared pan and smooth over the top.
  5. Refrigerate for about an hour or until it is firm to touch.
  6. Cut into squares or cut as you want to eat it!
  7. ENJOY!
 

If you can handle having a lot of chocolate the original recipe did also say to melt some dark chocolate and dribble that over the top but we thought it was already too chocolately!  But if you do try with the milk chocolate on top please let me know how it turns out!  As an alternative you could also use Rice Bubbles instead of Coco Pops if you don't want there to be too much chocolate!

I think for Christmas this would be a yummy little treat!  If you're in Australia, it will melt haha but still perfectly edible!

If you try this out, let me know how it turns out!

Until next time, keep smiling :) xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

2 comments:

  1. My nan make something similar to this and it's delicious! Can you go wrong with chocolate though :)

    Courtney x
    www.courtneysayswhat.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to make some more!! SO YUMMY!! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx