Sunday, 7 December 2014

Blogmas Day 6: 619 Paper Cones

Hey hey hey!!

Today I went into uni to help Alannah make a bunch of paper cones for an exhibition for the graduating interior designers.  I love what the design team came up with, it's simple but effective and will really look effective when it is all completed!  Brown paper and gold is the colour theme I believe and they are in the process of making thousands of paper comes which they will then pop into some chicken wire and then place this around and near where they have pinned up their work!

Emerge is also the name of their exhibition so having the cone formation 'emerge' from different places will look super effective!  This is one which is in the central staircase of our uni building is nearly completed.  It reminds me a lot of coral from the sea...


For about four hours we sat and cut our way through fifteen metres of brown paper, cut up lots of sticky tape and folded up 619 paper cones.  It was actually quite therapeutic, except when I nearly sliced my leg with the stanley knife!!  But apart from that it was an afternoon well spent!  We listened to the songs in a playlist of mine on spotify and sadly I didn't break out in song :(  we would have made 620 cones but I failed miserably at making one and there was no way to save it haha!


You could make some pretty artistic Christmas decorations from these cones.  Alannah showed me a photo of a Christmas Tree which was made out of cones, looked stunning!

I can't wait to see the final product!  It's about a week til the exhibition and I honestly can't wait for when my time comes to graduate and my work is pinned up for everyone to see :)

Also we had some sunshine today!  I regretted wearing jeans and converse haha


Until next time, keep smiling :) xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx