Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Overnight Oats

They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  So who doesn't want to wake up and have their breakfast pretty much prepared and ready for them to eat the next morning!?!?!

I've heard about overnight oats for a while now, originally from Pauline who has a blog called Living The Healthy Choice.  It was Jack (pretty sure) from JacksGap who mentioned her on Instagram and I fell in love one with her photos and the food she photographed looked so delicious!

So last night a while before I went to bed I started to make the most simple and basic overnight oats!  Equal parts of oats and milk!  That simple!  So I used half a cup of Uncle Tobys Traditional Oats and half a cup of milk.  Then just stirred everything together and put gladwrap over the top and popped it in the fridge!  I was quite excited and so spent the rest of my night looking up recipes and flavour combinations for the overnight oats...  And I'm just going to say, I am excited to try them!

*Fast forward to this morning*


Took my little bowl/cup out of the fridge this morning and was pleased with how it looked!  I gave everything a little stir and then grabbed a banana sliced about three quarters of it up and then mashed the other quarter of it and mixed the mashed banana in with the oats and milk!


Pop the sliced banana in and drizzle (I say drizzle, but mine was more of a dollop, poor skills in the morning) some honey over the top and BAM there you have the most simple overnight oats!  I was worried I wouldn't like it, but it went down a treat!  If you're time poor you can easily just have the oats and milk with no additions to that, tastes just fine, or the night before you could add fruit or other ingredients to it and it's ready for you when you wake up the next morning!

Having oats for breakfast it one yummy and two good for you as the fiber in them fills you up for longer!  It's just gone midday (noon) here and normally by this time I would have had nibbles to eat so I'm pretty pleased!

I will definitely making this more often for breakfast and most likely will take this to uni when I have a morning lecture and class!  If you make this let me know how it turns out, or other flavour combinations I should try in the future!

Until next time :) xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx