Monday, 9 March 2015

March & Relay For Life 2015

The month of March brings with it a few interesting events!  We have some birthdays, a few deadlines for university and also an event called Relay For Life.

Relay For Life is an event where communities around Australia recognise and celebrate people who have overcome cancer or are currently going through treatment, and also the people who have helped care for them.  The event also remembers those who have lost their life due to cancer.  While fundraising is an ongoing and yearly process, teams gather at a location (usually a sports ground) and participate in a relay where they'd walk or run around a track.  The event is held overnight and usually runs for 24 hours and is a good opportunity to meet others at the event and enjoy the activities which are on offer at the relay.

I've done the Relay once before and was one of the most enjoyable things I have ever done.  I was in high school walking with my high school team and I'm glad that I'm doing it again this year.  It will be a bit chilly but nothing that can't be solved with a jumper, snow jacket (definitely not forgetting that) and some explorer socks!  I had about 2 hours sleep while I was there but it probably was one of the only times that I didn't complain that I was tired.  If you think about it, there are so many others who are in a worse situation than you and 2 hours sleep is something to be extremely grateful of.

If you want and if you can (and I mean this truly), I'll leave a link to my little page on the Relay For Life website here if you wish to donate.  If you can donate that would be amazing and really appreciated but if you can't that's not a problem!  Just send your good luck vibes for me when I'm doing the relay!

You can also check out the Relay For Life Website here to have a look around and see whats happening :)

Thank you for reading :) 

Until next time, keep smiling :) xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with Relay for life

    Meme xx

    New post out now:
    'How to advertise your blog with:Vistaprint'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Really looking forward to it :) Em xxx

      Delete
  2. I have nominated you for the versatile blogger award <3

    link is here >>> http://glittergloop.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma! I saw your question in Jim Chapman's Q & A! You lucky ducky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjZgXY8twY

    Also I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Awards aswell as Eve ^
    http://lychee-bubbles.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/the-versatile-blogger-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly thank you for the nomination! I'll have the post up for that as soon as I can!! And also HOLY CRAAAAP! Thank you for letting me know about Jim's video!! I hadn't watched it yet because I was away all weekend from the internet haha far out! Hope you're doing well! Em xxx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx