Sunday, 29 March 2015

Morning At The Market

Hello!  Happy Sunday to everyone!

This morning my parents and myself went to the markets and I remember as I little girl I would absolutely love going there!  I loved looking through all the stores, going on the train and horse rides, and also having a cheeky cup of hot chips!  The last time I had been to the markets was over a year ago with two friends and it was right bang in the middle of summer and I wasn't liking the heat haha but I do remember eating this salt and pepper calamari dish with Japanese noodles and that was quite delicious!

This time around it was much colder and I regretted not bringing my sunglasses along as even though the sun didn't bring much warmth man there was a lot of glare!  While I was in the direction that the sun was hitting I was just squinting like crazy!  I didn't take many photos either, hands were either trying to warm themselves in my vest jacket pocket or they were holding a chocolate croissant which I had.  Also chocolate croissant - talk about yummy!

It's a funny feeling to go to a market that you've been going to for most of your life and you still see the same stall holders.  You walk up the path for the main entrance and immediately to your left there is the same flower/plant stall and then you walk around more and still see the same stall holders.  There are also a bunch of new ones there now but very nostalgic seeing some of the old ones still going strong after many, many years!

I'll be honest, I do love me some flowers and plants.  They look gorgeous and smell just as good but the downside of them for me are the bees and wasps!  I have never seen so many of the buggers!  First at Relay For Life and now at the market!  I'm terrible with them and it's hard for me to just stand there and try to be cool, calm and collected.  I freaked when a leaf fell on mums arm and I thought it was a wasp....  Awkward for me, however people standing near us got a good snicker out of it.  Just lovely!

I'm looking forward to going back to the market next weekend!  There was so much fresh produce and vegetable and I'd much rather support local and help out the local farmers!  With the colder months here (well and truly here haha) I'm looking forward to having soups and all those delicious foods which just warm you up inside!

What is your favourite part of local markets?  I just love them!

Until next time, keep smiling :) xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

2 comments:

  1. Reading this post reminded me of when my parents would take me and my brothers to the farm to pick fruit and vegetables. They are some of my happiest memories :) thank you for this post.

    Fran | www.bathtimebedtime.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness wow :) you're so welcome! Em xxx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx