Sunday, 26 April 2015

A Vegetarian Dinner

Bacon is one of my great loves.  However if someone offered me a plate full of vegetables, I am right there.  I have always loved vegetables, well I'm not too keen on peas, but apart from those I would gladly eat it over fast food or anything like that!  Tonight for dinner my family wasn't intending on having a vegetarian dinner, if you'd want to put it like that, but a plate full of vegetables just was a perfect way to end the weekend!

Cous cous, some roasted sweet potato wedges with olive oil, onions and a bit of salt, and then my personal favouite bit of the meal tonight had baby carrots, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, baby spinach, broccolini, Chinese cabbage, an onion, some garlic and then a drizzle of soy sauce!

 Yum
 Yum yum
Yum yum yum

I was then asked by my parents to start eating instead of taking photos because everything was getting cold!!  *insert crying with laughter emoji*

I have to thank my best friend Alannah who introduced me to sweet potato last year and I don't know how I never knew about this vegetable!  It is delicious!!  While I've been at university I'd usually take the vegetable mix and some cous cous to have for lunch and ah it was so good!  In the colder months it will definitely be something that I will be taking into uni!  It gives me something to look forward too and also it keeps me full once I've eaten it so I don't go and raid the vending machine in the afternoon haha!


And mum had made some Anzac biscuits earlier today and saved some of the mixture so this was our fancy dessert!  ;)  You can also see a glimpse of my textiles journal..  I stuffed a pair of stockings with stuffing and tied it into balls of different sizes.  Also had to sew a leg onto the stocking because the other leg had been cut off haha !  We were looking at body architecture and I'd previously wrapped my hand in aluminum foil and also stuffed another stocking with foil, a coat hanger and all sorts of stuff!  But this one you can see here is simply balls.  Not quite sure where this will lead me but we'll see how it turns out!  I really want to sew some leaves onto socks - I woke up this morning and thought "hmmm this seems like an interesting idea" so I'm going to grab an old pair of socks and do a spot of sewing!

It was also the 100th anniversary of Anzac Day yesterday and I played at a service and it's always a humbling and amazing experience.  I am so very grateful that I have been able to play at these services for a quite a few years.  One day I would like to attend a Dawn Service in Canberra or just visit the War Memorial and also visit Gallipoli - that would be a once in a lifetime experience.

Until next time, keep smiling :) xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

12 comments:

  1. That dinner looks absolutely gorgeous! I must try it sometime! I'm trying to be vegetarian, but there are some things, like couscous, which I adore, that I just miss so much! Thank you!
    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice and easy to make as well and you can put in whatever veggies you want! Let me know if you try it out!! :) Em xx

      Delete
  2. I love couscous! I would also choose eat a plate of vegetables instead of junk food :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had KFC last week and even though half of me was like "ah this is so gooood" the other half was like "just you wait, this will show up in your tum and thighs, just you wait..." gah and it did! Vegetables are so much more appealing than fast food hands down! Em xx

      Delete
  3. this looks really good, definitely something i would eat!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so delicious! And super easy to make as well :) Em xx

      Delete
  4. amazing post !!!

    lovely blog you have here



    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I'll check it out :) Em xx

      Delete
  5. I am not a full vegetarian, but I love incorporating more meatless meals into my week. It's always a great way to try new dishes and foods. Your meal looks delicious by the way.

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't think I'd ever go full vegetarian but there is nothing wrong with having a meatless meal once in a while :) they're so good! And thank you!! :) Em xx

      Delete
  6. This has made me hungry, it looks so good

    Kirsty | www.kirsty.ws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww sorry! It's really really yummy! I do get hungry when I look at it as well haha :) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx