Thursday, 14 May 2015

I'm Feelin' 22!!

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!  Thank you Taylor Swift for this song which has been stuck in my head all day!  Yep, that's right, today I turned 22 and I don't feel any different from being 21 if I'm honest with you.  I am feeling extremely tired however, I had about 3 hours sleep last night and I am very much looking forward to going to sleep in a few hours time!


So many people asked me today what I'm getting up to, whether I'm doing anything for the 'big day' and they were all shocked when I said I would be doing assignment work, going to a music rehearsal, going home, having a simple tea with my family, doing more assignment work and then sleep!  In all honesty, birthdays are just like any other day for my family.  We don't place a great deal of attention on presents or having a party and I really enjoy that.

My day was quite stressful, and the hours leading up to my birthday were damn right emotional, seriously I was an emotional wreck with uni!  I hit a massive bump in the road with an assignment and had myself thinking that I wouldn't pass and that I'd have to quit uni and find another career path - it wasn't pretty.  But the crisis has been averted and I've also discovered a new bit to do with documentation drawing and architectural drawing in general so I can be happy and smile about that!


I spent a good 6 hours sitting at a drawing table in the corner next to the workshop of my uni and drew and drew and drew and measured and drew some more!  And also made good use of the Photo Booth on my laptop and hoped no one saw hahaha!  I also completely lost track of the time and was nearly late to my music rehearsal!  We had a few birthdays to celebrate at music, there was a birthday yesterday, mine today and our conductors is tomorrow!  Three lots of singing Happy Birthday!

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I find it terribly awkward when you're standing there and everyone is singing Happy Birthday to you.  Like what are you supposed to do exactly??  Not the biggest fan of being centre of attention haha

Also as I've discovered on Twitter, many people also have their birthday today all over the world and it's been amazing to share that with them, connect with them (via the interwebs) and get to celebrate their birthdays!  Jonathan Joly from the
Sacconejolys also said Happy Birthday to me and I will admit I did a little happy dance!

So if today is your birthday, I wish you a Happy Birthday and hope you have the most amazing day!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!

    xo, Liz

    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Everybody was shocked when I turned sixteen and didn't plan a huge party. I think sometimes relaxing family time is best. I hope you enjoyed your day!
    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha so many people didn't believe me when I said I was turning 22! Said I don't look like I'm 22... Yeah I love spending time with my family so that's really my ideal way of spending my birthday! Not so much the being at uni bit though hahah Em xx

      Delete
  3. hahah I didn't stop singing that song to my boyfriend when he turned 22! I hope you had a lovely birthday xx
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was at my music rehearsal in the afternoon everyone kept singing it as well hahah :) it was a stressful day, but ended up being really nice! Em xx

      Delete
  4. I think that was your best blog post so far. Very well written! ♡👌

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Alannah! Thank you haha I was half asleep when I wrote this :P ps thank you for the pressies!! :) Em xxxxx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx