Saturday, 20 June 2015

Nude Shimmery Nail Combo


You know when you’re at home and there are things you could be doing?  Like being productive and making your bed or cleaning but instead you decided to repaint your nails because your going to the movies that night with your friends…?  Yeah that was me on Wednesday!  I was going to be seeing the Minions (check out that post here) and had been thinking of painting my nails yellow for the occasion but never got around to buying yellow nail polish so opted for a nude shimmery combo!



I have seen so many examples of people having a solid base colour and then lightly over the top they’d use a shimmery colour, and the results always looked stunning!  I had wanted to do this for a while and so grabbed two polishes, which I love and had a go to see how it turned out!  In a little gift pack I got from Revlon, there was 705 Grey Suede and I think this is a perfect nude colour for your nails!  Over the top I used Maybelines Tan Lines and it’s from their Color Show Stripped Nudes range and my goodness it is so pretty!  I’ve worn this so many times just on it’s own and with a single coat it is quite subtle but with a second coat over the top has full coverage and it is simply stunning!



I didn’t use an actual base coat because I was running quite short on time but the Revlon polish went on like a dream and didn’t take long to dry!  I was messaging my best friend Alannah at the time and was finding it frustrating that I couldn’t talk to her hahaha but trying to type with drying nails isn’t something I’m very good at!  I gave the polish ample time to dry because I just hate when you think it’s dry then knock it and you’ve got a dent in your nails!  Applying Tan Lines went on without a hitch but I had the classic thing where on my left hand my nails looked amazing with the application but not so much on my right hand ahhaha may have went “over the lines” …  it’s alright now, looks beautiful!


I just love this combo!  Like I said earlier, Tan Lines with just one coat is quite subtle and doesn’t give a solid finish.  So with Grey Suede underneath provides a great base colour, which compliments the top coat!  Well I think so anyway!  It’s quite an elegant finish and it’s something that I would wear anytime!


Let me know what you think of it!! xx

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous combo!

    Lauren x | http://kissand-make-up.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look beautiful :) I love shimmer, makes your nails look gorgeous I reckon.

    Meme xx

    New Blog Post:
    'Beautiful = Natural'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I really love them :) Em xx

      Delete

  3. Amazing color! You have such healthy looking nails! Mine are a little sad looking after an acrylic manicure from a week ago.

    - Lizz
    http://www.lizzvisions.com/2015/06/i-back-50-facts-about-me-for-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! I got my nails from my nan haha she had beautiful nails :) my nails go terrible if I'm stressed or anything like that, so annoying! Also LOVE you blog and your instagram! Goals!! :) Em xx

      Delete
  4. I really like the shape of your nails, my are wider and shorter, kinda squarish, meh. Gorgeous colours, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite lucky with my nails haha so many people think they're fake hahaha :) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx