Sunday, 7 June 2015

Reasons To Love The Colder Months

Currently in Australia we've moved into winter and it's just fine for those up in the northern states who have lovely sunny weather (Alannah, I am a touch jealous, just a little :P) but where I live we've been graced with temperatures below zero.  And although there are moments when I can't feel my nose or my fingers, the colder months of the year have to be some of my favourite.


Warm Drinks - I am a big lover of warm drinks.  And there is nothing better than curling up with a beautiful warm drink!  Doesn't matter if it's tea, coffee, a hot chocolate or even just warm water with honey, a warm drink is one of the best things on a cold day!  They warm your hands up and also warm you up inside, cheesy I know but I think it's true!  And whether you make a warm drink from the comfort of your home or are out at a cafe, any warm drink is a good warm drink!



Food -  I love food.  Food is one of my great loves and some of my favourite foods are just made for the colder months!  Soups, slow cooked dishes, roasts, hot potatoes (oh don't get me started on hot potatoes) these are just perfect!  Mum makes some delicious soups and I can't wait to make some either her this year!

Cosy Clothes - I love rugging up, and really do love woolen jumpers and cardigans!  You can layer up and just feel so cosy!  I've got my favourite jumpers and cardigans to wear, both are a few years old but I love them!  The fluffy red one is a cardigan I got in the Miss Shop and and the grey one is a jumper from Cotton on :) I also probably couldn't survive winter with my Kathmandu jacket..  That jacket is an essential!


Wood Fires - Now this wouldn't apply to everyone, with some people having electric and gas heating, but I've grown up with a wood fire and there is nothing better than being in the same room as a wood fire!  Some nights I'll just find myself watching the fire and the colours and patterns which it produces.  Hard to get photos of haha but I'll get some good ones!



Hot Water Bottles - For the past few nights, I've had a hot water bottle with me and it has been amazing!  There is nothing better than hopping into bed and finding that your bed is toasty warm thanks to a simple hot water bottle!!  I'm not a fan of electric beds, I always think there will be some massive problem and I'll be electrocuted so a hot water bottle is the item for me!

Photo Opportunities - Now I know you can get some amazing shots in the warmer months.  There is the beach, the sun, ice cream and all that but I find the colder months amazing!  The colours are amazing and I find the environment looks just magical when there is thick fog and it starts to clear and you see everything!  Also if you don't mind your fingers falling off, going outside early in the morning and capturing the ice which has formed over night..  Spider webs which have been frozen, flowers which are the same, it's just amazing!



Scarves - You can never have enough scarves in my opinion!  They can just put that finishing touch on an outfit and they also keep you warm, so what's not to love about them!  I probably have too many scarves..  I got a drawer full of them and then still there are more around the house!

 
Snow - If I'm perfectly honest with you, our summer has been dreadful so I am fully expecting there to be some snow this year.  We've already had our temperatures go below zero so I will probably do the biggest happy dance if I wake up and there is snow!  I haven't been in the snow since I was little, probably around three or four, so am in need of some snow!

What do you love the most about the colder months?  Or what don't you like about them haha let me know in the comments!

I am also so close to finishing semester one for this year!  I've got a little less than a week to finish my textiles stuff and then there is under a months wait to get our results..  So very much looking forward to that...  Not!


Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

10 comments:

  1. i love hot chocolate in the winter and buying lots of new coats, boots and jumpers! that's my favourite part haha

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a USA beauty giveaway inc lorac, tarte etc on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love looking at the new styles when the colder months come around! Can't beat cosy clothes! Definitely will check out your giveaway! :) Em xx

      Delete
  2. Loved this post!! I always love a good hot chocolate it's so comforting and funnily enough its just coming into summer here :) xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of jealous that the other side of the world is in summer! Everyone is in shorts with their amazing tans and ice cream haha :P Em xx

      Delete
  3. I'm living in Australia and we have no snow, in fact it's been pretty sunny but I can definitely agree with you on the hot chocolate and comfy clothes for cold days
    clandestine-v.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My best friend lives up in Queensland and I'm getting a little jealous! The weather right now is mental, Mother Nature sure is powerful! Em xx

      Delete
  4. we're just starting summer here, i can't say i'm a fan of the cold at all haha! still love a nice hot drink though :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like autumn the best like the transition between summer and autumn! Not too hot not too cold! However I wish I could go on a holiday to where it is summer right now, little bit chilly here hahah Em xx

      Delete
  5. Wow that foggy photo is amazing! You have a great eye :)

    Bri Sul

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx