Saturday, 27 June 2015

Shoulder Length Hair Inspiration

Last Saturday I had an appointment to get my hair cut and I had be tossing up between just getting a trim and growing my hair back out of chopping it off again.  I ended up getting bit cut of (good old emotional impulses hahahah) and it's the shortest my hair has been in a few years and I LOVE it!  I think the last time my hair was this short was maybe in my second year of uni and it's so much to have that lighter feeling of hair on your hair!  I have quite thick hair and I also have a lot of hair and it does get quite heavy sometimes!!


I didn't get my hair coloured and my natural colour is coming through in force!  Because I have coloured my hair quite a bit in the past some of the colour is still there in the middles and towards the ends and my hairdresser said I'm pulling off the balayage effect without even trying hahah!

Now that I have short hair (I know it's not short short but for me this is short haha) I've been looking around for inspiration on how to style my hair and what I can do with it!  I am the WORST when it comes to hair and either have it in a high or low bun, a pony tail or leave it out and let it do its thing hahah I really need to up my hair skills haha

                                             credit                                                       credit

My hair as it now vaguely looks like this naturally, if it is cooperating that it!  Some morning it will have nice waves and other it's as flat as anything and if I've got a middle parting hello Professor Snape!!  I love just a simple hair style which isn't too in your face and just love these!  I saw the photo on the right a while ago and was going to take it along to the hairdressers when I got my hair cut!

                                               credit                                                     credit

Talk about looking effortless!  I always go for a side parting of a middle one just because I think it frames my face better but I nine times out of ten will always pull it back so it's not in my face..  I've done this enough I think haha time to let my hair be free!  I have a love hate relationship with the photo on the right.  I cannot for the life of me get this to look nice on me!  I'll paint a picture for you...  I literally resemble Qui Gon from Star Wars if I ever try the half up half down style - HAIR WHY YOU DO THIS TO MEEE??!  It does make my brother and I chuckle though hahaha

All of the photos have been from my Hair and co. Pinterest board which you can check out here!  You can see all the hair related pins I love!!

I do love my hair :)  and a change is style is always good, it'll always grow back remember ;)

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

6 comments:

  1. I am wanting to cut my hair, right now I have it long. I don't know if I should go for it bc I think that for me personally won't fit but it looks so light & comfortable for the summer. I love the short hair looks!

    Mafer, Concientizando x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always instead of going for a massive chop get maybe 10cm or even less than that cut off and see how you like that length? Em xx

      Delete
  2. I would love to try out shorter hair, but mine is so curly/wavey (honestly every strand of it is different) that I think it would look really stupid. If I decide to chop it than after graduating so that I still have my long hair on all the prom pictures just incase short hair looks bad.

    norinamm.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh keep your long locks for prom!!! Maybe after have a little trim or something? Hope you have an amazing prom :) Em xx

      Delete
  3. Really love the look of shorter hair, but haven't got the guts to take the plunge! Use it as something to hide behind far too often:') Fab inspo pics <3

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I would do that when I had long hair hahah me getting mine cut this much was heavily like an emotional impulse haha Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx