Thursday, 25 June 2015

The Book Thief

I've had The Book Thief on my shelf for quite some time now and did start to read it over a year ago but only read a few pages of it.  I picked it up towards the end of me finishing semester one at university this year and recently just finished!  And I fell in love with the book!



It's written by Markus Zusak, an Australian author, and I'll be honest I had never heard of him before I picked up the book.  The book is set during World War II in Germany and is centered around a young girl called Liesel Meminger.

I knew straight away that I would get attached to characters and boy did I get attached!   Papa, when he was described he was instantly one of those people who you cared for and the same went for many of the others in the story!  I won't be going into what exactly happened in the book because I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't been able to read it themselves yet!

Towards the end, I found that my reading pace quickened a lot and I was always eager to see what happened next!  Markus Zusak has a brilliant writing style and I will definitely be looking into more pieces he has written.


I haven't seen the movie and I'm not quite sure whether I will go and get it or not.  I've seen the trailer for it though!  I'm the type of person who prefers the books over the movies but I do think it would be interesting to see how they adapted for book for the film!

The Book Thief was truly an amazing book and up there with some of my favourite reads!  Definitely if you haven't read it before go and get yourself a copy!! :)

Only problem now is I have no other books to read haha unless you count furniture books haha anyone have any book recommendations??!  I need more books to read!!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

4 comments:

  1. (the film is amazing. I'll read the book, and you'll watch the film.)

    A book that has absolutely nothing to do with this one but that I highly recommend is Sold, by Patricia McCormick. I read it about two years ago and I'm still thinking about it, so I'm going to re-read it this summer. It's quite a quick read, but it's just fabulous!

    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha deal! I decided once I'm well enough to leave the house I'm getting the film haha oh I've never heard of that one before, will definitely check it out :) thank you!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. The book thief was unique but sad, loved it though.
    clandestine-v.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, there were such beautiful moment and then absolutely heartbreaking ones!! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx