Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Winter Is Here

Pretty sure there is a line from Game of Thrones which has something to do with winter coming, or winter is upon us, but I don't watch it so really I have no clue haha but winter is definitely here and it really decided to come in style.  Woke up on the first of June and the temperature was well below zero.  There was ice and frost and when I went outside I could see my breath and I also felt like my nose was about to fall off.  All I can say is thank goodness for cosy scarves and Kathmandu goose down jackets!


The start of winter marked the date where I would be handing in quite a large assignment and boy am I glad that assignment is finished!  For the days leading up to the submission I would wake up early, draw for essentially the entire day, have minimal breaks and go to sleep in the early hours of the morning only to wake up a couple of hours later to do the same thing over again.  I am so grateful my hands didn't start aching because that would have been a pain!  I was talking to my dad and we realised that all up, I had drawn every drawing at least four times.  From a rough sketch, to a rough measured drawing, to a good measured drawing on yellow trace and then the final drawing, I did this for ten drawings!  And then on top of that the final time I drew everything, I then had to go over it in pen so lets add another time I had to do each drawing!  It was insane but I am extremely proud with how my documentation set turned out!

When I had to submit the assignment, it was honestly the most underwhelming experience ever.  Around a months worth of hard work, late nights, sickness and then all you do is drop it in the physical dropbox at the front office and it's done.  In my head I had pictured like some cheering and maybe a congratulation cake or streamers but there was no one there and I just sighed and walked straight back out of the building!  And then went home and sat in the sun and prepared for a music competition I had later that night!  Such a busy day!!

I now only have my textiles stuff left to complete and then I am finished for semester 1!!! Insert cheering and celebration music but then also nerves because I have to wait for my grades to be released and that's always nerve wracking!!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

2 comments:

  1. happy that semester 1 is over! So glad that there's less stress
    clandestine-v.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Will be amazing to have a good nights sleep haha :) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx