Sunday, 26 July 2015

25 Random Facts About Me!

I'm just going to jump right into this one.  I present you with 25 random facts about me!



1.  I am right handed but I wish I was ambidextrous!  I can write with my left hand but it looks like the writing of a 2 year old!  But I will always open jars ad that with my left hand..

2.  I can run on very little sleep.  When it get to the end of semester and you've got final assignments to hand it, sleep slips down from my list of priorities.  I know it's not the best thing to do but I'll usually average maybe a maximum of five hours sleep and that's pushing it.

3.  I like chocolate but wouldn't be angry if someone told me I wasn't allowed to eat it anymore.  Like I love chocolate but if I was given the choice of eating a banana, sweet potato, watermelon or something I wouldn't pick the chocolate.  I've never really liked white chocolate and dairy milk chocolate does nothing for me unless it's Lindt chocolate!  Dark chocolate is my favourite chocolate!

4.  I hardly ever get bored of songs.  I can still play songs I'd listen to when I was in high school and it wouldn't annoy me!  Yes, if I didn't like a song then I'd press skip though haha

5.  I've been playing the clarinet for 12 years.  It's probably one of the best things I've ever done!  I've met some amazing people and have had some amazing opportunities come from music!  I play in a band (Symphonic Band, sounds soooo cool) and am the lead clarinet and kind of second in charge after the conductor!  Took me eight years to get there and I'm super chuffed about it!

6.  I LOVE Harry Potter.  I am a Harry Potter girl through and through.  I will read the books over and over again and have watched the movies so many times!  Friends have said I need to 'grow up' and get out of the 'phase' but I can say that won't happen.  I grew up reading the books on my own and with my family and it's been such a massive part of life for me so I'm sorry friends but my love for Harry Potter isn't going anywhere!

7. I don't wear heels.  I'm already tall so don't need to be taller haha

8.  I sometimes wish I was doing a music degree.  I've done music units on the side but always in the back of my mind I wonder whether I should have done music courses at college and then gone and enrolled in a music degree...?  I might do one later in life haha I'm not sure yet!


9.  I love the outdoors but I'm not a fan of bees and bugs and things that want to bite you!  Bees and me are not a match made in heaven.  I'm sometimes skittish when I'm outside, that might be the best word to use haha not the biggest fan of bugs and creepy crawlies!

10.  When I watch cooking shows and when they are cutting up meat, I can't watch it.  I could easily never eat meat again sometimes.  They say to respect the meat but then they go ahead and hack it up and I'm like nope nope nope.

11.  Not a fan of animal documentaries.  I don't go very well when animals die or when a lion goes and bites a hunk of leg off a zebra or something.  I just can't stomach it!  I also would be a terrible person if I had to be in the film crew because I'd be the person who would run in and save the baby bird who is dying of starvation because it's the smallest and it's bird siblings don't want to be nice and share the food equally.

12.  I drink warm drinks way to fast!  I'll make a hot chocolate or cup of tea but I will finish the drink in under five minutes.  And then my drink is gone and I've got nothing to drink!  I need to slow up haha and I also prefer these $2 coffees they have at uni hahaha


13.  Since doing art subjects at uni, I have a greater understanding and appreciation for art.  I'm still not a fan of doing guided tours of art galleries or guided tours full stop but I can walk through a gallery or museum and just appreciate the art more and understand their intent for the piece better!

14.  14 is my favourite number.  Probably has something to do with it being my birth date but generally I think it's a sweet number!  Rolls off the tongue nicely!

15.  I have no problem with people being vegetarian or following a certain religion but the moment they push their beliefs onto my I'll get annoyed.  I'm all for listening to a person explain stuff about why they don't eat meat or bits of their religion but when they just try to sell it to me and then make me feel bad for having bacon I find that really unfair and uncalled for.  We all have our personal choices that we choose to make and if my lifestyles choices aren't the same as yours, understand that it is fine because I am me and we are all different!

16.  I 'fall in love' quite easily.  With celebrities and characters and all that but actual people people, like potential partners - not so much haha for example Loki, Tom Hiddleston, Captain America, Draco Malfoy, Gilbert Bythe, Niall Horan.....  Yep I will fall in love with people who don't exist or people who I'll never meet ahah

17.  I've got an account on Pottermore and I got sorted into Slytherin!  When I read the books I either wanted to be in Ravenclaw or Slytherin...  Yep weird choice I've been told, wanting to be in Slytherin.  They're not all bad haha #SyltherinProud ;)

18.  I've never wanted to paint my room pink as a child.  I've never been the girl who has everything in pink.  I remember asking if my bedroom walls could be painted this yellow colour though ahaha that would have looking interesting!

19.  I get very nervous when I have to present or do a performance.  I've got wonderful vibrato when I'm nervous and playing clarinet haha it's so bad when I'm doing a presentation at uni because one my voice goes, two I rush through everything and ruin the presentation and three sometimes I'll make myself sick and no one wants that!  I'm learning to embrace my nerves so I'm getting there haha

20.  I LOVE the rain!  As I'm typing I'm at uni and it's currently pouring with rain!  (I might pop a photo in - future Emma, hope there is a photo haha).  I've never been the type of girl who gets bothered if her hair gets wet and I was the child who when it started pouring would just go outside and run in the rain 


21.  I wanted to be an Olympic swimmer.  I was taught how to swim when I was in kindergarten and stopped swimming training the week before the inter-high swimming carnival when I was sixteen years old.  I would swim once a week and really enjoyed it!  I was a social swimmer haha but when it came down to carnivals at high school I was very serious about it!

22.  I feel most comfortable in minimal makeup.  What I have on my face whenever I leave the house I like to call my 'facially naked' look.  A BB Cream, some concealer, setting powder, mascara and maybe something on the lips.  I don't do an eye look with eyeliner and I don't fill in my brows.  A lot of people say that I would look so much better if I did but right now, it's just not me.

23.  My first dream car was a monster truck.  I remember seeing one and thought THAT IS A COOL CAR I WANT IT!  It was purple and green and towered over everything and I thought it was awesome haha a Mini though is now my green car.  After I realised the logistics of having a monster truck in a town wouldn't really work and I'd probably destroy a few things I've had my heart set on owning a Mini!  Even before they were cool, and now everyone wants one and I'm like get in line I was here first hahaha

24.  I didn't realise how many facts I had to list!

25.  I wish cats and dogs stayed little!  I love kittens and puppies then cats and dogs respectively but with an incident that occurred when I was younger I'm hesitant around animals especially dogs.  I'd love a West Highland White, if my family ever got a dog we'd get one of these :)

I'm trying to teach myself how to use InDesign at the moment.  And there is a storm going on outside and I have headphones on with music playing and I can't hear it it's that loud outside!  Mother nature is a force to be reckoned with!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

12 comments:

  1. Great post, it's good to get to know you:) you have a great blog. Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I love when you get to know bloggers a little better! And thank you and will do! Em xx

      Delete
  2. First things first, so glad to see you interacting! :D
    Now, I am left-handed but I was really stunned at how many things I can do with my right hand! I can so relate to 2, 4 (!!!), 9 - bees scare the hell out of me!, 15 - I value people who respect my freedom, 16, oh god, yes, I feel like a 13yo fangirl most of the time, haha, 19 and 20 - I mean I love the rain but at the same time walking somewhere in the pouring rain is really problematic, cause my hair really looks disgusting when it's wet, I look like a rat, haha! But I do love rainy weather, when I don't have to go anywhere/ do anything, I like walking in the rain and then I can look like a rat, I don't mind. :)
    All in all, this is a very interesting list and I'm glad I got to know you better cause you seem like an interesting person. Now even more interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite enjoyed writing this one up! Thanks for tagging me to do it! Em xx

      Delete
  3. Great post -- I've never been a big fan of the color pink either -- even when I was a child. And good for you playing the clarinet or 12 years. That's impressive!

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I loved my 'boring' off white walls growing up hahaha and thank you!! Em xx

      Delete
  4. We wished cats and dogs stayed small too! They are so cute and huggable when they're little pups and kittens :)

    M + K
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! A friend has just got a little West Highland White puppy - SO CUTE!!! Em xx

      Delete
  5. Well the monster truck came as a shock! I really did not expect that haha! I love getting to know people better, so thank you! Now, I'll think of a monster truck as I read your blog hehe!
    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha not many people believe me when I say it, but it's true haha Em xx

      Delete
  6. I have a Pottermore account and got sorted into Ravenclaw, I wanted to be in any other and now I won't go onto the page again :(

    Kirsty xx

    kirstyhickey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got so excited when I got sorted into Slytherin haha friends thought I was slightly mental haha I haven't been on there in a while come to think of it! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx