Saturday, 11 July 2015

Dabbling With Watercolour

The end of holidays are nearing and I've decided in the past few days that now is the best time to whip out my watercolour stuff.  You know I've had weeks and weeks of holidays that I could have done this, but why not start when semester is literally days away?  Seriously Emma I do not understand why your brain decided to do this.

Either way, I've been wanting to do some little watercolours for a while to pop up in my room and I have been dabbling away at what to do and thought I would share what I've come up with!

I am a massive fan on emojis so why not try and re-create some of my favourites!


In my head the green heart would have turned out better haha it could have been worse!  My favourites of these would have to be the happy poo, elephant and the whale!  I think they're so cute and love how they turned out!

I am hopeless at doing scenes with watercolour so ended up getting the different shades of blue and just putting them wherever in a circle I had traced.  I wasn't intending on making anything specific but popped some yellow in and it ended up being some sort of view of the sea.  An interesting view of the sea haha!  Hashtag I am not an artist!  Everywhere on the internet I see people doing "bursts" with watercolours and I've always thought these looked amazing!  The triangle was my attempt and I actually quite like it!  I'd drawn the triangle and the curved lines before hand not really knowing what I wanted to do haha 


What I've loved most about dabbling with watercolour is that it's given me so many ideas of what else I want to do!  I'm not the most talented person when it comes to art and it would be so much easier to go out and buy some artwork but there is something just so satisfying about making something yourself!  I know what I want to make and I'm in the process of sketching up ideas and I'm liking how it's coming along!  I think all of the little sketches I've done will probably go up on my walls as well or somewhere in my room, because I do kind of love them haha


I am so sorry for the lack of posts!  If there is such a thing as a 22 year old life crisis I think I've been having it lately!  Goodness sometimes I wish I was a little kid again!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

22 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so talented, looks so good. Thanks for sharing this is so fun to read, thanks for sharing. Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank! And it was no problem! Would love to as well! Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I've been having a crisis, too. So it is a thing, haha. I already told you, you're talented. The only thing I consider myself relatively good at is photography, I enjoy it a lot and I like the way my pictures look, well mostly. But when it comes to painting/ drawing, I'm useless. Anyway, I do enjoy the way this triangle looks like, nice shades, it is so Tumblr like. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellooo! I am looking forward to it passing hahaha I love the triangle, one it's given me a few ideas of other things I can do which I'm looking forward to doing! I'm doing a digital imaging unit at uni this semester! Looking forward to doing some photography!! Em xx

      Delete
  4. Oooo love this! Might have to try watercolour emojis!

    Would appreciate it if you would check out my blog too :) www.16androlling.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It's awesome fun! And you have such a nice blog! Em xx

      Delete
  5. Wow, great work! Your drawings look pretty good :)
    And your not alone with your crisis, I hate getting older too and wish I coulld turn back time even though I am only 19 ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I quite pleased with them now ahaha I just want to be little again!!! GAh adult problems hahaha Em xx

      Delete
  6. Looks awesome hun and don't worry we all have that moment that we don't know where to go or what to do. It's all about to figuring out what we really want and don't want. You will be fine!
    Enjoyed going through your blog and keep u the good work. Always do what you love remember that!

    With love,

    www.kelpasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness thank you so much for your kind comment! Seriously put a smile on my face :) I guess it's just character building and life experience I'll get out of whats happening, just another chapter in life :) thank you again! Em xx

      Delete
  7. Finally I did my tag post! Thank you for the nominationm hope you like it!
    Bye!
    http://www.worldwidevalery.com/2015/07/8-photos-of-happiness.html

    WorldWideValery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had a look through it just now! I think I've got a new place I'd like to travel too! Your hometown looks amazing! Em xx

      Delete
  8. Hey there, i just wanna say you are great at watercolours very talented and a big hello from meeeee :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are very welcome :) you are very good at it!
    Great blog too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! Will definitely be doing more of them :) Em xx

      Delete
  12. Oh my goodness! You literally are crazy talented! These are super cute :) xx

    http://nicole-emily-heath.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole!!! I've got the emoji ones up on my wall now! Love them !! Thank youuu :) Em xx

      Delete
  13. I really enjoyed reading this! I've set myself a little challenge this summer to fill a sketchbook with doodles etc. I've been really into watercolours lately! I actually did a blogpost on how I created my header using watercolours! I know what you mean about it being your own artwork instead of buying something, there's some sense of pride that you can look at it on your wall and think 'I DID THAT!!!'
    I've just discovered your blog and I love it!! It really interests me that you're studying design at university as well because I would personally love to study product design when I go to uni!
    Hope you're having an awesome day!
    Jaz Bishop
    http://jazlittlenotes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got this little journal which I did watercolours but stopped when I went back to uni at the start of the year! And thank you, have love what I've read on your blog as well :) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx