Friday, 3 July 2015

My Favourite Woodfired Pizza

Apparently each year over 5 billion pizzas are sold over the world.

I can't even start to imagine 5 billion pizzas but I am now feeling quite hungry thinking about it!  Myself, like so many others in the world, am a great lover of pizza and I especially adore wood fired pizza!  It's not something I get to have all the time and it's been a few years since I've had this particular pizza and I was quite excited we got to have some today!

We went to JJ's Bakery & Old Mill Cafe in Longford and it was so nice to get out of the house and do something enjoyable (like eat pizza)!  We had originally planned on doing this last week but sickness struck and our plans got halted :( luckily now we are all cold and sickness free!


Only one pizza was ordered and we all got hot chocolates because you really can't go wrong with a good hot chocolate haha the pizza we picked was the Plantation one :)  it had premium ham, mixed peppers, crispy bacon and pineapple and was topped with thinly cut sweet potato which was delicious!  We split the pizza between the three of us and it was just the right amount!


The cafe/bakery is in an old mill and I absolutely love the atmosphere :)  there was also a cat that sat outside by the side door near where we were sitting and I kept joking that it was actually a witch or wizard in animagus form... We'll never know ;)

I loved the pizza oven and it was awesome to see your meal being prepared and made!  I also loved the table haha it was a dark stained timber one but it wasn't smooth and had so much character and was perfect for the place!


I've been eating at JJ's Bakery since I was little and it's hardly changed which I love and the food still tastes amazing!  Can't wait to come back and have lunch here another day!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

20 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Pizza is my GO-TO! Homemade are yummy too! ... Shame I don't have an fire oven!

    www.beaucience.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my dream house will have to have a pizza oven haha Em xx

      Delete
  2. This is looking yummy and you make my mouth watery

    http://goo.gl/udV0dZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so delicious! thanks for sharing emma
    follow for follow?:)

    xoxo
    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! And sure! Been having a peek at your blog :) Em xx

      Delete
  4. It's strange, I never used to be so keen on pizza but recently it's become a fast obsession of mine. That looks so tasty! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was like that for a while haha I can't have too much of it though or I'll get sick of it hahaha :P Em xx

      Delete
  5. Omg this coffee looks so taaaaasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the nicest warm drinks I've had!! Em xx

      Delete
  6. Great post dear!This looks so amazing,love it :)
    xoxo Antonella
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks!! Been loving reading through all your posts :) Em xx

      Delete
  7. Okay, I am definitely staying here for a longer time! This pizza looks so yummy, yeah, I am hungry now! And this cat fact is a cool one! I enjoy your blog, gotta check some other posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you so should! The pizza was delicious! The cat was so cute but I didn't get a pic of it :( and thank you!! Em xx

      Delete
  8. This looks amazing, great post! xx

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to go back there again haha and thank you! Em xx

      Delete
  9. Mmm looks delish. I never, EVER get sick of pizza!!!

    http://anotherrubytuesday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I need to get back there for another round of pizza again!! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx