Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Chocolate Banana Muffins

Procrastibaking - the practice of baking something in order to put off doing something else you need to do.


I made some chocolate banana muffins a while ago when I had a day off from uni and thought it would be nice to surprise my family with some baked goods when they got home!

I am no baker so used a recipe I found on the internet!  I used a recipe from Chef In Training and absolutely loved it!  The recipe was easy to follow and produced some delicious muffins!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 1/2 cups of mashed bananas (I used 2 small to medium sized bananas)
  • 1/3 cup of oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 1/2 cup of flour (I used self raising flour)
  • 1/4 of cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1 cup of choc chip bits
RECIPE:
  • Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C. (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
  • In a large bowl, combine your bananas, oil and egg.
  • In a separate bowl, sift together your flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
  • Add this to the banana mixture and then stir in the choc chip bits.
  • Spoon the mixture into greased or lined muffin tins.
  • Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.


I noticed that my muffins sunk a little in the middle.  This could have been for a few reasons (oven temperature was too low, mixture was mixed too much etc) but I will definitely be making these again and seeing how they turn out!

The mixture made 12 muffins and they went quite quickly!  My family loved them!!  I'm getting hungry again looking at them haha need to bake some more!  Or do more baking in general!!

If you make these yourself let me know how to turn out!!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

8 comments:

  1. yummm! chocolate + banana = the best combination! I love baking, I find it so therapeutic :) xx

    nicole-emily-heath.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to bake more often! It's so relaxing!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. Wow these look delicious! Really hungry now after reading this and really want to give them a go! x


    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you definitely should! Hope they turn out lovely!! Em xx

      Delete
  3. They look amazing! So gonna try them soon, thanks! xx
    Daizy xx

    http://brightdreamerz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay! Hope they turn out great!! :) Em xx

      Delete
  4. Oh my, these look heavenly! The combination of chocolate and banana is perfect - need to make these!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delish! Only problem was my family ate them up so fast hahaha :P Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx