Wednesday, 23 September 2015

International Food & F.R.I.E.N.D.S Night

I love food and I also love the tv show Friends as do two of my friends from university so for the past three weeks, Tuesday nights have been our international food and Friends night!  I can't remember why we started it, I know one day we were talking about curry and one of the girls had the entire set of Friends DVD's and food (curry at the time) and Friends seemed like a perfect combo!


The first night we went for Indian food and had two types of curry.  Butter chicken (which is my fave!) and also a chicken and potato and bean one (edit been told it was korma!) which was so good!  We brought some naan bread and poppadoms from the supermarket because we had no clue how to make them and it was just easier.  Natalie and Ainslie did the curry and I had the hardest task of doing the poppadoms!  Was quite challenging having to spray them with oil and pop them in the microwave...  Hashtag masterchef!  It was difficult stacking them.  But all those building and technology classes at uni helped out because my Leaning Tower of Poppadoms never fell over!  The girls also made brown rice to go with the curry and we also had some steamed veggies which were delicious!  Love me some veggies!


Last night we decided upon Mexican and had some tacos!  I hardly ever have tacos so this was a nice change!  Ainslie made some guacamole which I was keen to try.  I think avocado is an acquired taste and I've had some well interesting experiences with it in the past!  The one Ainslie made was delicious but I don't think I'll be reaching for avocados anytime soon!  A little salsa style dish was also made and that was so tasty!




And watching Friends was awesome!  Ainslie knows all the episodes essentially back to front!  We're starting right from season one and I am obsessed with Rachel Greens wardrobe!  We also watched the first Pitch Perfect movie the other night and we're planning on watching Age of Ultron soon because we never went to see it when it was at the movies!!

We're going to be having an Italian night soon and I'll be doing a bacon risotto!  And also a Greek night will be happening soon because I'm in it for the haloumi!!!  If you have any dishes you think would be yummy to try give a comment and let me know!  Can be from any nationality!  We'd all love to know!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

10 comments:

  1. I just recently got into watching Friends and I'm hooked! I don't know why I wasn't that into it when the show was on air but its great catching up on all the seasons on Netflix.

    Amy | Dervish Darling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember watching it with my family when I was little! I cried when it finished hahaha :P Em xx

      Delete
  2. Sorry, being foodie I can't stop myself from raiding your table full of yummies!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahah don't be sorry! Haha was delicious! Em xx

      Delete
  3. The tacos look so good! X
    http://christbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They tasted amazing! Can't wait for have some more another time! Em xx

      Delete
  4. After reading this, I really want to watch Friends again! :) The food looks delicious, btw!

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you so should! I always watch it on and off when I can and it's so good to sit down with friends and watch it! I love your blog! One of my favourites to read! Em xx

      Delete
  5. Aw this is such a good idea! I love Friends, I basically know all the episodes back to front as well! The food looks so good, you should do Chinese or Thai food next!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I'll have to tell Nat and Ainslie! I never thought of Chinese or Thai! Thank you!! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx