Wednesday, 30 September 2015

My Yummy & Simple Lunch


I can be a very indecisive person when it comes to what I want to eat and I'm easily that person who um's and ah's at a restaurant or cafe when choosing what to order!  For a while now have been trying to eat less processed foods so I've quite enjoyed eating dishes with more fresh ingredients!


This is something I've had for lunch a few times while I've been at home.  It's really simple to make and depending on how you want to cut some of the vegetables and your skills with chopping up vegetables it doesn't take that long to make either!

For this lunch, I used one baby carrot which I peeled (optional) and then cut it in half and then sliced it up as thinly as I could.  I had half a tomato and roughly chopped that up, some button mushrooms where sliced up and two things of asparagus were cut into smaller pieces.  I grabbed a generous handful of spinach leaves and also an egg which our chickens kindly gave us!




I had planned on making a frittata styled lunch but ended up just boiling the egg, because you know I'm not a masterchef and didn't want to burn the kitchen down haha!  I put a little bit of oil in a pan and just cooked all the vegetables starting with the carrots and asparagus, then putting in the mushrooms, tomatoes and lastly the spinach leaves.  I did put a little bit of soy sauce over the top to finish it and had seasoned it all with a little bit of salt and pepper!




I thought it tasted amazing and smelled so nice!  Mum even agreed so it must have been good!  This is the type of thing I'd take with me to uni for lunch, maybe take out the egg, but the vegetables I say yes.  Let me know what you think of it and if you'd try it yourself!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

2 comments:

  1. This is so super cute! I am a super fussy eater but this looks like something I'd really love for a lunch! Thanks x

    http://isabellaweb.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! If you make it hope it tastes amazing! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx