Friday, 11 December 2015

Christmas Decor Inspiration

I'll be honest, I've never been a massive fan of tinsel.  It goes everywhere, it makes a right royal mess and you end up finding tinsel in places where tinsel isn't meant to be!  Some people absolutely nail the art of tinsel decoration but I'm not one of those people.

Being a person who studies interior design at university I'll always get the comments like "oh your home must look AMAZING" or "we should get you to come over and dress our place" and I just end up standing there going "ermmmm" and trying to think of a way to get out of the conversation!!  I absolutely love seeing how other people decorate their homes for the Christmas season and have spent I don't know how many hours scrolling through Pinterest looking for some inspiration!  

I know when I was little I was all about sticking everything on the tree and I mean everything!  I remember and I really want to ask my younger self what I was thinking, but I remember putting pegs on the tree.  Yep pegs that you use to hold up your washing.   Ah yes, budding interior from the earlier ages!  I think my style has evolved greatly from my younger years and this year particularly I've really loved simple Christmas decor.  We all know the saying less is more and all of the images I've especially taken a liking too are definitely more tree over ornaments!

Also who says your Christmas tree needs to be massive?  I love the idea of a smaller one, a little cute one that you can pop in a cute pot and have on your coffee table or a side table by the couch or your favourite arm chair!



 




I'm slowly building up my collection of Christmas tree ornaments and decorations and I can't wait for the day when I have my own place and get to decorate my own tree!  I've got some ornaments up on my cork board at the moment and will be popping them on our Christmas Tree very soon!  I have a board on Pinterest full of what is inspiring me this Christmas season and if you want to check that out you can right here!

Let me know what has inspired you this Christmas season!  And also if anyone else is like me and isn't the biggest fan of tinsel! ehehehh

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

8 comments:

  1. This is such a good inspiration post! I love the idea of minimalistic Christmas tree :) The first one looks amazing x

    The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to find ornaments like the one in the first image for ages! Got some similar so I'm a happy chappy :) Em xx

      Delete
  2. I love the simplicity of these! I get asked that question all the time as well (but I hate designing residential!)
    Great post :)

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so awkward hahaha our decorations are so simple and we have basically nothing compared to other people! Thank you! Em xx

      Delete
  3. Amazing inspiration :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx