Thursday, 28 January 2016

Finding Comfort In Gloomy Days

The weather definitely has an influence on my mood.  But sometimes not in the way people would usually expect.  Normally thunderstorms aren't something that I'll find comfort in but today I'm currently feeling the most relaxed I have in a long time.


It's summer currently in Australia and I'll be honest, summer isn't my favourite season.  I don't cool down very well and no matter how hydrated I stay I'll just feel blah!  And going outside isn't really an option either - sun and heat stroke and getting burnt isn't how I like to spend my days!  Also the hot weather also brings the fires and Tasmania has had under a hundred fires within a short space of time and that is just terrifying!  I'm a bit biased because autumn is my favourite season..  Has nothing to do that my birthday falls within it!  I can warm up easier and there is nothing I love more than to cosy up inside and either read a book or be productive on my laptop.  Ok I'm never really productive on my laptop but it's the thought that counts!

I used to be terrified of thunderstorms and really I still am on the fence about them.  During the night and when they're mental and the lightening literally lights up my room - Emma is not happy.  Also when I can feel our home shaking, yeah I don't like that.  But nice gentle rolls of thunder at night is nice and peaceful.  And during the day time as well, a thunderstorm can bring peace and calm which I fully welcome.


It has been quite a gloomy day and without turning lights on, home is dark and dull.  But oddly enough I am enjoying it.  I'm sitting with a nice view of the outside and have my laptop with me.  I've had a warm drink and spoke to one of my closest friends from the mainland.  Sorting through photos for future blog posts, watching YouTube videos and listening to music on Spotify has been nice and comforting.  I have also been playing the Kim Kardashian Hollywood game on my laptop which isn't the most productive thing in the world but oh well!

The smell of the rain is easily one of my favourite smells.  Petrichor.  Fancy bit of word for you haha!  And also listening to the rain, it was so nice.  It's just started up again and seems heavier this time but the smell is back!  I really wish I could find a fragrance of when rain hits the earth but I highly doubt it'd be anything like what I'm smelling right now.

Hope you're having a wonderful time wherever you are in the world

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x


4 comments:

  1. Gloomy days are my favorite sometimes. Some days I want sun and heat, but others I just want rain, clouds and cozy day in with my laptop. Those days are the best for being productive to me, I always get the most work done on them :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost track of time yesterday hahaha was so nice to be all cosy and rugged up :) Em xx

      Delete
  2. I actually really love gloomy days. Snuggling up in a blanket with my laptop or a book. A hot cup of tea or chocolate in hand. Perfect! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss!! I just love a good cosy day! SO GOOD!!! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx