Monday, 18 January 2016

Melbourne Holiday: The Multiply Tour

The 5th of December had been a day which was 221 days in the making.



I have loved Ed Sheeran for a long time.  He is one of my all time favourite figures in the music industry and it has been a dream of mine to go to one of his concerts.  I had heard that Ed would be having another Australian tour near the end of the year and when it was officially announced, I basically had an emotional breakdown in my textiles class.  Good thing hardly anyone turned up to class that Friday!

Once we got back to the apartment from our morning in town, we got ready and kept stalling as to whether we'd get anything to eat or not.  Even now I can't remember whether we got anything to eat or!  We caught a free tram as far as that would take us and then we travelled on foot until we got to AAMI Park and wow that was a long walk.  I definitely got my days exercise in that day hahaha


We were at the stadium quite early and I was surprised with how many people were already there, and the traffic for parents and friends dropping people was insane!  We had both said we wanted to see all of the acts, not just Ed Sheeran.  Honestly, this tour, we struck gold.  We had Ed Sheeran, Rudimental, Passenger and Foy Vance.  It was like a mini festival and I didn't want to miss any of it!

We went to our gate and picked the shorter of the two lines to get in and listened to the big speaker where a guy was directing people who were in the standing section of the stadium.  When we were finally allowed in, I was happy I said to go in the shorted line because we were in within a matter of seconds!  Maybe a bit more because I didn't understand a machine thing worked and thought I'd broken it and we're just going to ignore that!


I saw a merchandise store and knew immediately I wanted to pick up two things before the crowds got in!  I ended up buying a tee shirt and an arm band, and do wish I'd bought some more things but hello bank account which isn't a bottomless pit!

After seeing that we had to go up a few flights of stairs to get to our seats (such exercise) I was left speechless when I sat down.  I'd been to a football match before when I was in high school and we were right up the top and the view was pretty good.  I was honestly worried that our view of the stage wouldn't be too good.  Our ticket information had said side stage view, and I was thinking we were going to have a screen or something blocking our view.  Well I had nothing to worry about.  Perfect seats in my opinion! 



Foy Vance was the first opening act and his voice was incredible!  Some in the standing section had brought along an Irish flag and his face when he saw it was just the best! 



Passenger was up next and I fell even more in love with his voice.  We got to hear a new song and I love it!  As well as having an amazing voice, he had us laughing which I loved.  His song I Hate was just too good!!



Rudimental were amazing!  They've got so many amazing songs and their presence on stage is just brilliant!  I loved Anne-Marie who was one of the singers, she has an incredible voice and you really should check out her music!  Another favourite was Will Heard.  He sang Lay It All On Me and also his dancing.  He can bust out some sick moves!


I had heard and seen through videos online what it would be like at an Ed Sheeran concert but oh my goodness.  What videos don't portray is the sound.  The lights went out and the noise from the crowd was something I'll never forget.  It was amazing.  I'm pretty sure my face, when I wasn't singing was one of awe.


Ed gave a little disclaimer before he started singing.  Apparently a couple in Canada asked for their money back because they didn't believe he was singing live.  He uses a loop pedal for all of his shows and knowing my luck if I ever tried to use one it would sound like a great mess!

But back to the music.  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  It was incredible.  I've honestly got nothing but praise and if I could use every single positive describing word to tell you about the concert I would.  He's captivating and gives 100% and if I could have gone to all of his concerts in Australia I'd be right there!  Even though I'd be broke, it would be so worth it!


I loved looking back at the crowd.  It was amazing to see AAMI Park filled with 35,000 (ish) thousand fans just enjoying themselves.  I loved when everyone held their phones up, that just looked magical.  After he walked off stage, after performing his final song, the sound of the crowd is again something I will never forget.  I was so close to crying haha I was getting emotional!  I'm honestly surprised I didn't cry during the concert, I was even prepared and brought some tissues!

I never get the opportunities to go to concerts, so this was really a once in a lifetime opportunity for me.  And I am extremely grateful that we were able to get tickets.  I'll be at home flicking through photos and I'll just be filled with joy whenever I get to photos of the concert!  It was an amazing way to celebrate getting through another year of uni and gah I am still so pumped that I got to see one of my favourite artists perform!

Only problem now is that I want to go to more concerts!


Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

2 comments:

  1. I love Ed Sheeran! Sadly I haven't had a chance yet to see him play, really happy for you :)

    If you're feeling generous, check out my blog and follow if you like :)

    Kawellkasell.blogspot.de

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to see him play one day! Or get a tour dvd! That's the next best thing! I'd love too! Hope you have a lovely day as well! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx