Tuesday, 2 February 2016

January Instagram Diary & Roundup

What.  A.  Month!  I can't believe January is over already!  January has been, aside from a couple of bumps in the road, been a pretty good month for me!  I've decided that along with my monthly Instagram Diary I'd include a roundup of sorts for the month as well.  Roundup of the posts I've done here as well as other bits of my life I might not have published a post about!

Although I feel like they holidays have dragged, I can't believe the first month of 2016 has been and gone.  With February here, means I only have a few weeks of holidays left and I'm not sure how I feel about that!  It's my last year at uni and I'm terrified!

Life
I've had a pretty eventful month!  I spent a week at a music summer school where I was a tutor which I absolutely loved!  Music is one of my great passions and as cheesy as it sounds, passing on knowledge to the next generation of musicians is one of the best things.  I worked with players who had barely been playing for a year and I honestly miss not seeing them everyday!  I tutored people from a bunch of different age groups.  I've worked with people who are old enough to be my parents and older, I've worked with people my age and I've also worked with school kids who are in late primary school and high school but I've never worked with kids who are just starting their music journey!
I remember when I first started playing clarinet, I adored my clarinet teacher.  She was such an amazing lady and I remember I'd go home and show everyone what I'd been taught and then I couldn't wait to go to my next lesson.  It was such an unforgettable moment when one of the parents came up to me and said that their daughter was talking about me at the dinner table, with how she wanted to practice her part, work on what we'd gone through during the day and then show me next day.  I just honestly couldn't believe it because I know I'd done the exact same thing when I first started playing clarinet!
A day was also spent up at the lakes with some of my favourite people.  My dad would always take my brother and I up to the lakes when we were younger and it's still something we enjoy!  I also love going up there now because there is no reception and that means no wifi!  So you can just enjoy the moment and not get distracted by social media!   If you take way the flies and also getting sunburnt behind the knees (like how does that happen!?!?!) I had such a nice day!  Took some awesome photos as well which I'll probably share in another blog post!
January also showed that Tasmania can have multiple seasons in one day.  And also that just because it's summer doesn't mean that we're going to get the classic summer weather.  A lot of the state has been battered with fires which is one of the worst things about summer.  There has been so much devastation and it's terrifying when there are fires close to where you live and also where people you love live - just calm your farm fires!  And then from one extreme to another - thunderstorms, which then brought along flooding.  Our place has many unwanted outdoor water features!

Instagram
I love Instagram.  Really I do haha it's one of the first apps I check of a morning and I'm constantly looking through peoples accounts and finding new people to follow!  So if you want, leave your Instagram name down below!  And also @emmadaisy___ if you're not already ;)


~ Summer daze ~ Bird home ~ Ross road trip ~ Annual Daniel Radcliffe Day ~ Tod's Corner ~
~ Tod's Corner Pump Station ~ Blue sky blue ~ Selfie love at the lakes ~ Natures bath bomb ~ Adorable little abode ~
~ Mirror dreaming ~ Smiles and Sportsgirl love ~ Blue facade love ~ Gloomy and cosy days ~ Photogenic frog ~

emmadaisy
What a month we've had on emmadaisy!  I've been pretty chuffed with the content I've published this month and I'm just loving looking back at my Melbourne adventures!  Going to be sad when the last post for it is published!

So many Melbourne posts!  I hope you've loved January on emmadaisy as much as I have!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

8 comments:

  1. I hope the crazy weather hasn't affected you too badly! Sounds like a good month otherwise though :) Here's hoping for an even better month in February! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same here! Wish it would calm down a little so no one gets seriously hurt! Thank you! Hope you have an amazing February!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like you've had a really great month! Stay safe in all that horrid weather & I hope you have an even better month in February!

    luce | http://luceellen.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, was a pretty awesome month! I'm hoping it'll calm down but you never know haha hope you have a great February as well! Em xx

      Delete
  3. Looks like a wonderful month for you! I love music too and playing instruments is such a great hobby. I wish I kept it up.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably sounds sad but I remember I cried when I had to stop music for a year haha joined back up the next year I missed it that much hahaha thank you for the lovely comment! Em xx

      Delete
  4. Ahh your instagram is so perfect! all that blue! :) Love this post, sounds like your January was much more interesting then mine. Also hope the weather takes a chill pill soon! and I have loved looking through all your Melbourne posts, makes me really want to travel Australia more!
    xx -Nicole
    http://nicole-emily-heath.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure your Instagram feed is goals!! I bet you anything when I'm stuck inside when uni starts up again the weather will be amazing! Yes travel Australia! I really want to visit Adelaide next! So hope I can :) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx