Sunday, 28 February 2016

My Inspiration Board

This has been a long time coming, but finally I have updated my Inspiration Board!  Last year, I published a post, showing the current state of my wonky cork board and some inspirations, and it has taken me way too long to get my act into gear to freshen it up!  But now I am finally happy to say that my cork board is as wonky as ever but with a brand new look!


Unlike last time where I had a combination of my own photos and ones I'd found online, there are only a few things pinned up on the cork board that are actually mine.  A favourite piece of music I've played, little starburst drawings I'd done once, a coil weave which I'd made at uni and just a written thing on pen thicknesses which I look back at heavily for uni.  I also have a crucifix which I've have all my life and was a gift from my grandparents and the "keep calm and carry on" wooden plaque which my best friend had given me as a birthday present!  Other than those, the rest of what is pinned up was sourced from the wonderful internet.  Because lets be honest, how exactly would I have photos of Tom Hiddleston and Chris Evans in my personal possession?!


This time for my board, I really wanted images that inspired me.  It's not called an inspiration board for nothing!  I personally love working with a view, and being able to look up and seeing a board full of inspiration is just perfect for me.  Yes Tom Hiddleston and Chris Evans are inspiring.  I have a few design related images, some travel ones, flowers (because I do love me some flowers), generally cute little photos and quotes which I love.


I actually had everything I wanted and needed for this cork board sitting in my room for ages and it was the afternoon before I started uni that I actually thought that it might be a good time to get it all pinned up and sorted!  Good old Emma for her superb time management skills!

I found that I was a lot more picky with how I placed everything and at the beginning of the process, I was pinning everything down with the cork board on my bed but ended up hanging my cork board back up on the wall so I could see how it looked in it's surroundings!  I'm probably going to add more stuff to it later on but for now I just love how it looks!


I love that I now have a board which inspires me both in my personal life but also with my uni life.  I'm about to start my second week back at uni and the first was hectic enough haha and it was so nice to look up and some comfort and inspiration to get me back on track!

And now I must do some more sketches otherwise my other group members won't be too happy with me!  And probably grab a snack because I'm a bit peckish!

What do you think of my new board?  Do you have anything similar?! 

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

4 comments:

  1. I love this so much! I think keeping something like this board in your room really helps to stay inspired & motivated :) I have one behind my bed too x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your new inspiration board looks! I like things like that because they actually help to stay inspired! I don't have one myself, but I had like vision board back in my old house. I am think of doing something like it again :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Leta! I'm so pleased with how it turned out!! You definitely should! They're just the best thing to have! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx