Monday, 22 February 2016

My Last First Day At Uni

Last first day.  That's just crazy.  One of my friends actually said this when she started year 12 at college this year and today I got to say it.  I've started my final year at university and I'm ready for a nap and then to get cracking on the new assignments!


My day started pretty early, I woke up to my alarm going off a bit after 6am but I didn't get out of bed for a while later haha!  I'd prepared my bag and everything I needed but didn't think to have a look at what I'd wear.  I've been so used to being in my pjs and just comfortable clothes really!  I didn't know whether to wear jeans or shorts and then I couldn't find a top I had wanted to wear!  It was just a mess!  Breakfast was a coffee/mocha type drink and then two slices of toast and a boiled egg.  I don't think having a boiled egg for breakfast on a uni day will be a regular thing, just because of time and I'm already waking up early enough!  Was delicious, but I think I'll have overnight oats or some toast with vegemite!

Leaving home, it started to rain.  And I was wearing shorts and thongs (flip flops) and also hadn't thought of bringing an umbrella.  Getting wet from the rain isn't really a bother for me but thongs and wet feet is not ideal!  I had a little freak out when I was in town and was looking at emails and saw that we were scheduled to go on a site visit during our tutorial session.  From previous experiences, wearing thongs to a site visit won't get you anywhere and you'll end up missing out so I set off to look for some enclosed footwear!

And boy was this an eventful hour or so!  I've been blessed with feet that are on the long side and trying to find a pair of shoes that went with what I was wearing was a pain!  People with small feet you have it so easy sometimes!  In the end, and after nearly rolling my ankle walking into Cotton On, I picked up a white pair of the Jade Plimsole's and also grabbed a pair of sockettes!

My bag was now quite full, with the addition of my thongs and it looked as though it was about to start raining again so I caught the bus in.  Good case of it would have been quicker to walk in because the bus went on a loop and then went back to where it started and then got to the stop I needed to get off at!  It was interesting walking back into uni.  My phone connected to the schools wifi and I saw some people I recognised, it was nice!

At this point I still had around an hour to go until my lecture, so I went up to the computer lab to see if anything had been uploaded on MyLO, our online learning system.  In the lab I saw one of my friends, who I hadn't seen since the previous semester so it was nice to catch up!

Everything got scary when we were in the lecture theatre.  I only knew the interior girls and 99% of the architecture students I had never seen before and for me I felt like the new girl.  Also when we were told the weighting of the assignments, I think everyone was shocked!  Our first assignment is worth 20% of our grades and the second assignment is worth a whopping 80%.  80%!  Oh boy.  I can just tell it's going to be a massive, extremely massive assignment!  Our first assignment is also a group project one which is going to be interesting.  It's always a gamble with group assignments, because you don't know how everything is going to pan out.  You don't want one person doing all the work and everyone else benefiting from their hard work!  However, the three other students in my team seem really awesome and we've already planned days where we'll go into uni to work on the assignment so I'm hoping it'll all go smoothly!

After the lecture, we went on our site visit.  We ended up going to Albert Hall, which was a short walk from uni and I realised I didn't actually need to buy the shoes......  The Albert Hall is such a stunning building and it's going to be interesting to see how our assignments will turn out in the hall.  Going to be a lot of hard work but I'm looking forward to it!

I'm now home and I've downloaded documents which I'll print out and read tomorrow!  I'm looking forward to seeing what this semester brings and ready (mostly) to face all the challenges that might pop up during the semester!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

4 comments:

  1. I hope you will have a great semester! It's so surreal when you think that it's the last first day of something. I said this phrase when I started 12 grade too and it made me feel all types of emotional and weird, haha :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy! So many emotions were felt!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. Good luck with this semester! The final year is crazy, but exciting too :) x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! First week back is done and I just want to sleep hahaha Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx