Monday, 15 February 2016

Pre-Uni Nerves

It occurred to me this morning that this time next week I'll be back at uni.  I'll be either sitting in a lecture theatre or I'll be in a tutorial already working on the first assignment.  And it's probably going to be stinking hot.

I'm about to start my final year at uni and I'm on the fence with how I feel about it.


To be honest, I am bored of being on holidays and am looking forward to having more structure in my life.  But on the flip side I'm, and I don't know how else to word this at the moment, shitting myself about going back to uni.  Each year uni steps up a notch and you never really know what to expect.  I've had friends who have graduated and I remember what final year was like for them and I'm terrified.

I'm scared that I'm going to mess up terribly and everything will just crash and burn.  Not literally but you get what I mean!  My time at uni has been an interesting one.  There have been ups and there have been downs and there have been so many times where I have just wanted to quit all together and find something else to do.

But for some reason I'm still enrolled.  I love interior design and sure this degree isn't the only way to enter the design industry but it's something and I want to complete what I set out to do.  Interior design, design in in general is a passion of mine and I always tell myself that a few difficult years at uni isn't going to stop me.  It may keep me up at night worrying, but it won't stop me.

I'm looking forward to being back in the building.  I've spent so much time there and even though I have mixed emotions of the place, it's truly an important building in my life.  The people inside are also people who are pretty important.  The tutors, who have pushed me to my limits and have helped me create designs I'd never think possible of myself.  The students, some who I am lucky enough to call friends for life.  The guests speakers, who have inspired me and given me that extra but of encouragement to not throw it all away.  The iMacs, who have tested my patience with the spinning wheel of death.  The $2 coffee machine, which I really want to take with me because it gives you better coffee than a barista.  Honestly it'll be nice to be back.

Nerves are the worst.  But you just have to embrace them!  

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

14 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best with your final year!! I, myself, will be enrolling into university next year and I am terrified and scared, but excited too. :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leta :) uni is fun haha just wish it wasn't as stressful!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. I've had a week off and go back to school tomorrow, should probably go sleep too now haha! I get quite anxious after being away from school for even a week!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH my goodness I'm not looking forward to the early mornings! That's going to be the worst! Em xx

      Delete
  3. Definitely do not worry about your final year until you are in your final year. If you were to have the final year workload in first year then you'd crash and burn but you get used to what you're expected to do and by then you'll be so good at the work you'll be fine come your third year!

    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness thank you so much for your lovely comment! Seriously thank you so much :) Em xx

      Delete
  4. I gave into the nerves and dropped out of uni not once, but twice. True, I was not in a good place mentally, but I really regret it now and wish I'd stuck at it. Even if it meant retaking some exams (since I failed the second year....) Good luck to you! Stick at it and don't let the nerves beat you. It's worse to live with regret, I think. x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know what it feels like to fail at uni :/ happened with a few units for me :/ but thank you :) and for your lovely comment as well :) I'll definitely stick it out and get there :) Em xx

      Delete
  5. Good luck for your final year! I live in Auckland and I'm just about to go into my first year of uni studying communication design! I'm very much excited but nervous so I know how you feel!! :)

    Kathy xx
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And good luck to you as well! Uni is a pretty exciting thing at the end of the day! Em xx

      Delete
  6. I'm gonna be a freshman within 2 weeks & this was the right one for me to read!
    I'm really nervous & excited at the same time :) Thanks xx

    Kaylee | JK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! So glad you loved reading this! Good luck with freshman year!! :) Em xx

      Delete
  7. This was so interesting to read. I've just made it half way through my degree (I'm in my second year), and it's already scaring me how quickly this is all going. I'm glad someone else has experienced the nerves I've felt over the last year and a half!

    Good luck, and I hop all goes well!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many people who are going through the same thing :) good luck with the rest of your degree as well! :) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx