Monday, 21 March 2016

56 Steps & A Personal Desk

For my final year I decided to rent a desk on the top floor of my uni.  A big portion of the top floor is dedicated to students personal work spaces the architects have the majority of the space but the interior students have this little area which we have to guard fiercely or the unused desks will get snatched up! Although one architecture student has just put their names on one of the best desks here which none of the interior girls are happy about!

To get to the top floor is 56 steps.  It's not that much but it's going to be a nice addition for working out!  Also the steps definitely make you more organised!  It sucks when you get up to the top floor and then realise that you need something downstairs so you make your way back down and then realise you've left something upstairs!  Yes that's happened to make where I've had to make multiple trips up and down the stairs to do a simple task!


It sucks when you need to work and there are no desk spaces or when you need a computer and they're all taken!  Well that won't be a problem anymore!  It's great now to know that I have my own personal desk which I can use at anytime that I need!  Myself and the other interior girls are going to be prettying up our part of the upstairs place; plants, fairy lights, corkboards, calendars and reminders to keep us organised and little positive notes around the place to give us all a smile and some motivation.

I personally love working around people.  As much as I love studying at home, wearing comfy clothes and looking like I've just rolled out of bed, there is nothing better than being in an environment where everyone is supportive and the ideas are just bouncing around.  Two years ago, in second semester, I would stay at my best friend Alannah's place for four days of the week and we'd work.  And it worked!  I got so much work done while I was at Alannah's place and I was able to ask for her opinion or help whenever I got stuck and she was able to do the same!  We also had the best 2am chats, something which I absolutely miss :(


I am definitely going to make my desk feel a lot more personal.  Definitely going to bring in a lamp of some type and some little plants to give the space some more personality and make it feel like my own!  And also some butchers paper to put down over my actual desk so whenever I have a spur of the moment idea, I can just jot it down on the paper and then write it again in my journal!  My desk also came with a little cupboard underneath.  Has a look currently on it but if no one comes to claim it, we're probably going to open it and then store some goodies in there.  Tea and hot chocolate and some snacks!  Will definitely be needed when we have late nights and come in to study of a weekend!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

12 comments:

  1. How cool and interesting that you guys have a shared workspace like that! I definitely get how calling dibs on desks can get intense, haha. I went through the same thing in school. But it looks like you've got a great area read for you!

    Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're pretty lucky to have the space! I was super lucky to get the desk I have right now :) had a different one because I thought someone had already taken the one I wanted but yeah I'm pretty happy with the desk I have :) Em xx

      Delete
  2. I find that little workspaces like this is the best way to get some work done! It surely keeps you motivated and inspired and you also get to have a bit of fun :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! And especially being in a creative environment like at my uni it's so good! Em xx

      Delete
  3. This looks cool. I also prefer these sort of settings and also being with a friend to study.

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yeah it's really nice :) especially if you get stuck as well there are always people there who will point you in the right direction :) Em xx

      Delete
  4. For me, I'd find a shared workspace like that a nightmare. I prefer to work in solitude. Haha. But it's a pretty cool idea and I can see how it would work for some! Well done on nabbing yourself a desk too :) x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When some of the architect students get noisy it is a pain and I just want to get them to shut up haha but so far it's been good :) you have no idea how pleased I am to have this desk hahaha Em xx

      Delete
  5. don't forget the plants it makes you cozy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have carpet samples at the moment hahah have to go to the market to get some plants ASAP! Em xx

      Delete
  6. This is a really good read for me. Must agree that you are one of the coolest blogger I ever saw.used cubicles for sale

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx