Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Mid-Semester Break

I was reading through old posts and my second ever post was about my mid-semester break.  It's funny because in some regards I feel like writing nearly the exact same thing as what I did the first time!


Like back in 2014, I can't really view this break as a relaxing, slow paced break.  My definition of a break and what this mid-semester break are two different things.  The amount of work I need to be doing to keep on track is crazy and it doesn't help when I'm having to google words I've never heard of constantly or when you need to look at building codes but half the school is doing the same thing and you have to wait so then you decide to wait and look for books online and see you've only got a five minute time limit and the book takes ages to load and your five minutes is up before you've even had a chance to look at the book!  *takes a breath*

It's not very relaxing this break let me tell you.

For my studio unit, we've been given a schedule of what to have every week, just so we know what is required and also so we don't fall behind.  I find this both helpful and then not.  Even though we have written down what is needed, what they've written down and what the tutors actually want are two different things.  That happened in my last tutorial but on the whole I was on the right track so sigh of relief from Emma!

I'm still a little terrified of this assignment.  It's huge and we still don't know what we're actually going to have to present for our final submission and that is scary!  All will apparently be revealed after our week eight interim presentations....  Which isn't actually that far away.

I've had to reacquaint myself with ArchiCAD, a computer drawing which I think has a thing against me.  We have a love hate relationship!  For example today, I was cruising along popping columns and that into the plan and I go to check what it would be like in the Layout tab and see whether it can all fit on an A3 piece of paper.  I forgot to click save.  So I went and deleted an external drawing and went to the Layout tab and fiddled around with stuff and then clicked save.  I go back to the drawing tab and see that the external isn't there so press undo, thinking it'll come back.  Nope.  Didn't come back.  Good job Emma.  Three tries and probably a bruised foot later, the external drawing is back in place!

I'm going to be printing out a few copies of the plan out on A3 paper so I can trace and draw all over them tomorrow!  And then I will be starting on a map which will look at urban relationships and then do some 3D diagrams and then I'll look at my assignment sheet and find some more stuff to do!


And I am loving my desk area.  I've got a print directly to the right of me which you would have seen above - make ideas happen.  I just love it!  Did want to have it up on the wall but it ended up just sitting against my computer!  I'm thinking of doing a desk snippets post!  Let me know if you'd like to this! :)

As much as I am getting frustrated that this isn't much of a break, I am enjoying it.  My mind is kept active and I'm always thinking of what I can do for my assignment which is the best! 


Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

10 comments:

  1. Good Luck with your assignment!
    www.wanderfreeblog.wordpress.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm slowly getting there!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. I actually miss the stress of school. Good luck with your assignment! :)

    Love, Richel. | Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same when I have no uni and when I'm bored hahaha thank you!! Em xx

      Delete
  3. Good luck with you assignment, Emma! I'd love to see snippets of your work space :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leta!! I'll be taking photos for it on the weekend when I have a break from study :) Em xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Emma...can you send me the template file? I found the template you use on pinterest but the original blog is deleted so it's not available anymore. Thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I've sent you the link on your Google + page! Em xx

      Delete
  5. yes dear think then act it's the most important

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, usually a good way of doing things haha Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx