Thursday, 17 March 2016

Music On Repeat: Volume 4


Haven't done one of these posts in a while so thought it was time to share with you all what tunes I have been reaching for!

I think like a lot of people, I always have music playing.  Or at least some type of noise, be that a YouTube video, the tv playing in the background but I just like for there to be some type of noise around me!  I have an account on Spotify and have 3 playlists that I have created:  one is an exercise playlist which I rarely ever exercise to, I have a chill playlist and then a playlist full of tunes which I just love!  I remember when I first created the tunes playlist I only wanted to have my current favourite tunes of the time and then update and remove songs as I go but yeah that didn't work out and I have 73 songs on that playlist at the moment!

If my technological skills work, I'll hopefully have a gadget thing so you can see my tunes playlist and have a listen and follow if you want but if not I'm still going to list some of the songs which I have on repeat!  Hope you enjoy! *pat on the back to you Emma for getting that playlist in there*


The Cat Empire - Hello
This is such a tune!  The opening trumpet bit is such a classic and I wish I could play trumpet better because I would just go around playing it!  This is one of the first songs I'll play as well in the morning - such a good wake up/get energized song!  I'm terrible with the lyrics but the hello hello bits and my interpretative dance skills make up for it hahaha


Kelly Clarkson - Piece By Piece
Okay who else cried when Kelly performed this live?  I am such an emotional person with some songs and I was a mess when I watched her perform this on American Idol.  She has such an amazing voice and coupled with a piano provides such an incredible song.  Tissues are needed and I probably wouldn't recommend listening to this one in public haha especially if you're like me and are prone to crying over music!


Zara Larsson - Lush Life
So I started listening to this song when I was doing group work and we just had the Top 50 Australian Charts playing constantly and I fell in love with this one!  If you want a song to make models to this is a good one!  Zara also performed Lush Life in the Live Lounge on the BBC and oh my goodness her voice live is amazing - absolutely loved it!



Flume - Never Be Like You
So Flume and myself have had an interesting relationship.  Not the actual guy who is Flume, his music hahaha oh I'm so funny!  I remember listening to one of his songs ages ago and really didn't like it and because of this I never listened to any of his other songs.  Until now haha I am obsessed with Never Be Like You!  If I don't play Hello first, I'll play this one.  And then I'll play it a few times in a row because that's what I do when I love a song!  Marcus Butler also featured this song in one of his videos and that's introduced me to a whole new genre of music which I love!


I am also loving music from Zayn.  He has such an amazing voice and I can't wait to hear his solo album!  It's actually not that far from being released and I so hope people just are patient and don't leak the album!  I also really wish that people would stop creating drama between fandoms and that!  There are enough problems in the world without people arguing who has the best voice or whether one artist is shading another!!  I feel so old sometimes, just be nice people!

What have you been listening to recently?  Got any songs you think I should check out?  Let me know!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x
 

8 comments:

  1. Love your list. And completely agree with you about all those unnecessary rumors and problems people create. I am a directioner and even through I didn't like the way Zayn decided to leave One Direction, I wish him all the best with his future career. And for the music part, I have been listening to a lot of The 1975 recently, especially Loving Someone and She's American. And Macklemore with Ed Sheeran killed it at Growing up :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leta! I'm the same, the whole situation with him leaving was strange but it happened and surely there are more problematic things to worry about in the world haha I've never really listened to The 1975... Might have to actually check them out! Em xx

      Delete
  2. I've never listened to a few of the music on your list. I'll definitely check them out :-)

    I've been listening to a lot of oldies recently haha. I've been loving Alone Again (Naturally), and a few Phil Collins songs. Also, I've been loving acoustic covers and folk-ish vibes. James Bay, Sleeping at Last covers, Carla Bruni...

    http://snapsnpixels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Phil Collins! Grew up listening to him! James Bay as well gah he is just amazing!! :) Em xx

      Delete
  3. Great playlist, love River flows in you and secret love song such a beautiful and meaningful song, Perrie sounds so great in it.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    Five Benefits Of Cricket Flour That May Change Your Perspective // Crobar Review*
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Both are so beautiful! I'm thinking of finding the sheet music for River Flows In You and learning how to play it! Perrie has such an amazing voice! She's incredible! Em xx

      Delete
  4. never be like you by flume ! is an excellent one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good song! I've been listening to Flume more now - love it! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx