Wednesday, 23 March 2016

Not So Subtle With Revlon Siren


I'm not the type of person who likes to be the centre of attention or stand out in the crowd.  But when it comes to nails, I do love a nice subtle shade of orange.  Siren by Relvon to be exact.  Oh Emma you are just too funny, total comedian!  So let's be honest, it's no where near a subtle option for nail polish but I do love it!

Many many years back (I'm talking high school days) I was having a sleepover at my friends house and we were having this little beauty pamper time!  We were doing face masks, I had my first experience of eyeliner (wasn't a fan) and we of course painted our nails.  And the colour my friend chose for me was this orange one and when I went home the first thing I did was show mum my nails.  I was obsessed with the colour and how it looked on my nails!!

So Siren is a juicy orange, it's very bright but not neon.  I've found you can get good coverage with just one coat but if you want a more solid look go for two or even three coats, it's just down to personal preference and also your application skills!  I've used Siren with and without a base coat and I personally find it easier to apply without a base coat.  Putting a top coat on does prevent it from chipping but this lasts really well without a top coat.

I have two coats on in these images :)

It's such a bright, fun colour and even though I'm going into the colder months I am going to rock my Siren nails like it's spring or summer!  The finish is shiny and is the type of colour that is loud but not obnoxiously loud, if that makes sense haha and with my skin tone, I think it goes pretty well together!  Sometimes I'll wear a bright nail colour and I feel it just washes out the colour of my skin but I really like how my hands look when I'm have Siren on!

Have you ever tried this polish or any other similar?  Let me know what you think of it!  :)

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

14 comments:

  1. This looks lovely, i love brighter colours for this season.
    Emily Xxx
    http://beautyblogsbyemily.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Bright colours I think should be there all year round! Em xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely colour for spring! It really suits your skin tone too x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though it's autumn here I'm still going to rock the orange hahahah and thank you! Em xx

      Delete
  3. I love this color! Anything bright and colorful is perfect for my nails, haha. One time I painted my nails this very pretty green color and I don't think a lot of people appreciated it. They found it weird while I was loving it, haha :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so many people stare at my nails today and I'm like "yes they're orange, stop staring it's creepy!!" hahaha Em xx

      Delete
  4. I love bright shades's this would be so perfect for when the sun is shining, you got a little bit of a tan!!!

    Meme xx


    New Post:
    'Want to Detox, Why Not Try TeaTox*?'
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hands do look a bit tanned here hahaha yeah it's such a good colour for when the sun is shining!! :) Em xx

      Delete
  5. I love nail varnish and can't wait until I start my new job where I can wear it! Woo!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sucks when you can't wear nail polish! Hope you have fun with your new job! Em xx

      Delete
  6. This is such a fun colour!! There's nothing like popping a bright colour on your nails when it's cold outside, is there? :)


    Jodie - alajode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it haha everyone loves a bit of fun and brightness on a gloomy day! Em xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It's one of my all time favourites! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx