Thursday, 7 April 2016

A Delicious Smoothie Bowl With Ainslie

Hello throwback post!

So long long time ago, before semester one started and everything got hectic, I spent the day with my friend Ainslie just catching up!  I hadn't seen Ainslie in a good few months, probably the last time I had seen her was when we were submitting our art folios!  It was so nice to catch up with Ainslie and also meet her little kitten Ziggy who was just the cutest little thing!


On Instagram, Ainslie had been posting these amazing photos of these smoothie bowls that she had been having for breakfast or lunch and when she asked whether I wanted one for lunch I played it cool on the outside, but inside I was like YASSSSSSS!  Safe to say that I was pretty excited to try them!

In this delicious smoothie bowl was pineapple, watermelon, raspberries and coconut water!  And to top it off Ainslie included flaked almonds, shredded coconut, chia seeds, raspberries and also pineapple!  It looked amazing.  Even without the toppings, I would have eaten it!  One of my favourite juice combinations is pineapple and watermelon so I was so keen to try this!


It.  Was.  So.  Delicious.  I'm not just saying this either because Ainslie might read this, but oh my goodness I would have eaten it all over again!  Was such a summery meal and everything just worked so well together!  I've never really eaten almonds before so was a bit hesitant about trying them but I loved them!

Another thing which I absolutely loved about the smoothie bowl and smoothie bowls in general is that it is healthy and you know exactly what you are putting into it.  If you're a vegan, these smoothies you are probably going to LOVE!

Ainslie has a blog which you can check out here and also a blog post which is all about smoothie bowls she's made herself!  I really recommend checking out because they look delicious and who doesn't like looking at awesome food photos!  Also, while you're over there, check out the rest of Ainslie's blog!  If you love travel and tacos - this is the blog you need to read to please go over and say hello!

I am craving a smoothie bowl or some summery fruits!  My berries and currant trail bar isn't really doing anything for me right now....  Not to say that the bar isn't yummy, it is hahah but now that I'm thinking about smoothie bowls, that's all my mind is thinking of now!

Have you made smoothie bowls?  What fruits and toppings do you love? 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks yummy - also seems pretty easy and also tasty for breakfast :) Lovely post !!

    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously all you have to do is blend up some fruits and then pick toppings and you have a yummy meal! :) Em xx

      Delete
  2. I keep telling myself to try making smoothie bowl but never get around to do it. This one looks so good and delicious! I love the fruits Ainslie mixed together for this. I shall try this out for sure once the summer starts!

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You HAVE to try them! So easy and simple to make! Em xx

      Delete
  3. I make acai bowls myself :) Love how many healthy things you can put in them! These ones look great.

    Kelsey x
    www.kelseysiviter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the acai bowls! They look delicious so definitely need to grab some ingredients for that! Em xx

      Delete
  4. ça al'air super délicieux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Was amazing, definitely a delicious meal! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx