Thursday, 14 April 2016

A Rough Patch



Right now, I am having a rough patch.  I knew university was never going to be easy, despite what many have said when I say I'm studying interior design.  Each year, every semester, the intensity goes up a notch and I am really feeling it.

I'm currently working on a studio project and I don't know how many tears I had shed over this assignment.  Tears usually come way later in the semester!  Not week 7!

So yes, rough patch.  The brief is complex.  The building is intricate in itself even before thinking about addition new additions to it.  Also my skills with the computer drawing program aren't the best so some times I'm sitting at my desk just going wtf has just happened!  Only a few hours ago, I was working away on my design in ArchiCAD when I decided to try and fix up the story settings...  Crisis at my desk.  I have no clue what happened but thank goodness I saved everything or people would have seen a very emotional Emma.

I also went to change the Editing Plane... They're meant to be underneath your model in the 3D view, mine was over the top and I had no idea how to change it.  Didn't understand what Google was telling me so asked around and ended up making it go diagonally instead of horizontally.  I did chuckle a little when that happened but was much happier when I got it to the right place!



I am nearly done with my design as well!  Looks fabulous as you can see!  Don't worry there is more in the model!  I just hope my tutors like what I've done!  Fingers crossed!

As much as pulling out of the degree would be the easy option, it's not what I want to do.  Fight or flight.  Well I am going to fight.  I am not going to let an assignment get the better of me!  May be exhausted and just wanting to punch my laptop but I AM going to get through it!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

8 comments:

  1. I completely get where your coming from! I just started my first year of communication design (graphic design) and I am so overwhelmed. It's so stressful being a design student having these big projects and assignments due in. Week 7 has also been tough for me but thank God there is a 2 week break!!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the worst! I think design degrees have a completely different level of stress :/ not like maths or science stuff where there is a right answer :/ gah but we love it! Good luck with your degree though :) Em xx

      Delete
  2. Aww, I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch. That really sucks. I hope things pick up for you soon! You can do it! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Aimee :) sometimes it just feels like I'm hitting brick wall after brick wall after brick wall :/ I'll get there! Thank you for the support lovely :) Em xx

      Delete
  3. Sending all the positive vibes and motivation your way, Emma. Don't give up and keep pushing your limits. I know you can do it and from all the posts I have read from you I can tell that you are more than good at design, so have some faith in your abilities :) And I'm sure you will do incredibly good with your assignment :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Leta thank you so much :) I'm just going to push through with everything, if my interim presentation goes sour, I'll just pick myself up again and change whatever needs to be changed! Thank you again, so so much :) Em xx

      Delete
  4. You got this girl, I believe in you :) I love what you wrote in the last paragraph, that you'll fight through it & get the assignment done. Amazing attitude! I hope everything will work out fine x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you babe! Yeah I just can't let it get the better of me! Going to try my absolute best! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx