Thursday, 28 April 2016

Banana Pancakes For Breakfast!

On the 26th of April 2016, I ate too much bread.  I love bread, don't get me wrong but I don't really want to look at it right now.  So when it came to deciding what to have for breakfast the next day, I was struggling with what to have because toast is a breakfast norm with me!


After procrastinating for a while, I decided to make some banana pancakes which I'd made myself for dinner a few weeks ago.  The recipe I went off is from Chocolate Covered Katie and I'll leave a link to her blog here so you can check it out!  I was drooling looking through all the recipes she has and I can't wait to try more out!

The recipe was super easy and simple to follow and you can tailor to ingredients to suit your dietary requirements!  You can make them thin so they're like pancakes and also thicker so they're like pikelets and they both taste delicious!

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup of flour - I used plain flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 a mashed banana - I used 2 small bananas
  • 1/4 cup of milk - I used almond milk
  • Pinch/dash of salt
Recipe:
  • Mix the dry ingredients together.
  • Mash the banana in another bowl and add your other liquids.
  • Combine this with your dry ingredients.
  • Spoon out the mixture into a pan and flip when bubbles on the surface have popped.
  • EAT!!
I blitzed the mixture a bit further with a hand mixer so there were no banana lumps, but this is completely optional - banana chunks won't hurt anyone!  I topped my pancakes with some maple syrup but the options are endless!  Fruit, lemon, cream, nutella, sugar - anything!  I wouldn't mind seeing what they would be like if you put some coconut or even cocoa in the mixture, think it would be delicious!


I was honestly so proud that I had made these successfully!  It's been really hit and miss for me with pancakes so this was definitely a hit!  I did burn one, that was completely my fault!  Lesson for today:  when you're cooking, make that your number one priority!

So if you're looking for a super easy banana pancake recipe, try this one!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x
Twitter | Instagram | Google+ | Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. OMG they look so good! I loooove banana pancakes! (I do always burn at least one every time I cook them though haha) :) xx

    http://nicole-emily-heath.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hid the one that I burnt hahaha so happy with how they turned out, will definitely be having these more often! Em xx

      Delete
  2. Omg, these look SO tasty! I am going to try it! I'm sure my family will LOVE this! Thanks for sharing, Emma❤
    https://flauntsite.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no problem babe!! They were AMAZING!! Hope you and your fam love them as well :) Em xx

      Delete
  3. These look ridiculously delicious, thanks for sharing your recipe! xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to thank Katie for the recipe originally! Such delicious pancakes! Em xx

      Delete
  4. Oh, these look super delicious, Emma! I love good banana pancakes once in a while and these sound like ones I would enjoy a lot :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so yummy! Probably going to have them when I don't have to be at uni and want a relaxing kind of morning! Em xx

      Delete
  5. These look SO tasty! Definitely going to have to try and make these, as toast's always my normal breakfast too! Xx
    http://www.katiewrites.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try them!! They are so yummy!! :) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx