Sunday, 15 May 2016

23

I don't know about you but I'm not feeling 22.  Well this is a lie.  I still feel like I'm 22.  I don't feel like I ever change when it's my birthday, anyone else like this.

But yes!  I am 23!!  *music and cheering and streamers and all that jazz!*


It was my birthday on Saturday and I had planned on having this post up on my actual birthday but when uni and life gets in the way, some things just don't go to plan!

It's the juicy part of semester and so I had stayed up working on fixing up calculations for my lighting and acoustics class and then worked more on studio and then couldn't fall asleep!  Listened to a podcast and that didn't help whatsoever :/ reckon I fell asleep around 1am which wasn't ideal but hey was awake to see the clocks tick over to the 14th of May!  Such an exciting life hahaha

I feel like this post is going to be quite similar to the post I published on my birthday last year.  And like last year the days leading up to my birthday were stressful!  Thursday, I woke up a little tired from a concert I had been to the night before and just wasn't feeling in top shape.  My whole Thursday at uni was a mess!  I couldn't concentrate, ate my lunch at 10am (seriously Emma.  WHY!?) and when I got to music I just wanted to curl up in a ball and sleep and/or cry!  I had a headache, every time I played I felt like I was going to be sick.  And what annoyed me the most was how I was playing.  Music which I can play and have played before I was struggling with and honestly I felt so embarrassed to be making all these mistakes!  I got home without being sick and struggled to eat anything.  Could only manage to eat half a roast potato and a bit of sweet potato before I gave up and fell asleep on the couch!

Then on Friday I had my lighting and acoustics class and went along because I felt well enough.  Literally nearly fell asleep on so many occasions!  In a one on one tutorial I had with an architect, I was advised to change windows and although I agree that it's the right thing to do for my design, it meant hours of doing calculations to get values within the correct range and I wasn't in the mood for maths.  Luckily it only took me two or three goes to get one calculation in the acceptable range and my acoustics calculations changed by a HUGE difference of 0.01!  Like WOW such a huge difference!

And then we get to Saturday and it's my birthday!  I'm pretty sure my body clock went back to what it was like when I was little and I'd try to stay up to see see the clock change over but now all I wanted to do was sleep!  Ended up falling asleep well after 1am and I wasn't impressed!  Listened to a podcast to try to fall asleep and it didn't work so after lying there wide awake, I ended up looking for stuff that would help with my assignment.  We'd decided that we'd be going out for breakfast and I may have slept through my alarm so had little time to get ready!  We went to breakfast at the same place where we'd normally have breakfast if we'd go out on a Sunday and I got eggs benedict and a hot chocolate and it was delicious!



The rest of Saturday was spent doing studio.  And I just LOVE studio.  Compared to how I was going with studio a little while ago, I'm actually in such a better place now!  I have my ideas, and all that I really have to do is knuckle down and get everything done!  I had hoped I would have the model finished by Saturday night but it was late Sunday afternoon when the tricky little model was completed!  Just hoping I've done it in the right place so I can start making the bigger one for my final presentation!

BUT BIRTHDAY EMMA!  I've said this before, birthdays aren't all that much of a big deal for me in my family.  Yes, when I was little we'd have parties and presents and all that but now that I'm older I'd much rather spend time with family or friends.  Honestly didn't want to spend the majority of the day working on studio but when assignments call, you have to answer them!

I don't feel like I'm 23.  I don't know when you actually register when you turn a year older.  I don't feel 18 anymore, but I don't feel any different to 22...  Am I thinking into this too much.....?

Thank you for the birthday wishes that I received!  Really was amazing!  So truly thank you :) xxx

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!! Come and say hello!!! :) x

4 comments:

  1. Aww happy belated birthday! Glad to hear you had a pretty good day. I think the older you get through less you feel it. Maybe milestone ages like 25, 30 etc. I definitely felt my age at 25 haha! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aimee!! Might just be because 23 isn't really a significant day hahah not like turning 18, 21, or 25 hahah although when I turn 25 I'm probably going to want a very quiet day hahaha Em xx

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday once again, Emma! I see that you had quite a nice day. I think that the older we get less important birthdays become for us. I still don't feel 18 as well. It's weird when you think about it :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Leta!! Yeah I agree, as I get older presents and materials things don't mean all that much! I'd much rather spend the day with my fam and friends and I'll be happy! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx