Tuesday, 14 June 2016

5 Apps I Love

I spend a lot of time on my phone.  Parents would probably say too much and I think there are times where I do agree with them!  I wanted to share 5 of my favourite apps.  But 5 apps which aren't the stereotypical apps, like Instagram, Twitter or YouTube, because you know how much I love them already!


POLYVORE
I am a huge lover of Polyvore!  I love creating different set, whether they're home sets or fashion sets, I just love being creative and having that ability to produce virtual ideas of outfits or rooms which I'd love to have myself!  I haven't yet ventured into making beauty sets but that will probably come one day!  I was scrolling through my sets the other night trying to find, ones which had been picked as top sets by Polyvore because he didn't understand what I was doing and I was shocked with how many I had created, I'm up to 420 sets and I have probably another 20 completed sets waiting to be published in my drafts.  I do spend a lot of time on this site!  I find that I use the app mainly for liking items and finding new people to follow, and I create my sets on my laptop.  The app is really easy to navigate and my old iPhone 4s doesn't have any problems with it which is always a bonus!


WUNDERLIST
I can't remember which blog post it was that I first found out about Wunderlist, but it was one where a heap of apps which were helpful to bloggers were listed and talked about.  I went and downloaded the app soon after and fell in love!  I use a physical diary but I have found a love for Wunderlist as well!  I love that I can create a task that I need to do and create little sub-tasks underneath and then I can tick them off as I've completed them!  I've got a blog section and also a university section, and I found this app really useful towards the end of semester!  As much as I love my physical diary, I do sometimes forget about it towards the end of semester when I have nothing on apart from assignments, and I always have my phone nearby so my list of everything I need to do is right there!  I also have the app on my laptop and it's great to be able to have it on multiple devices!


VSCO Cam
#NoFilter isn't a hashtag that you'll see on my instagram photos.  You'll see a heap of hashtags, yes I am that person who loves a good hashtag, but #NoFilter isn't one that you're going to see.  I have nothing against the filters that Instagram already offers but was looking for something else and a bunch of YouTubers mentioned this app in videos so I decided to check it out!  And now, this is the app which I use to edit the photos that I post on Instagram.  There is such a large variety of filters to use and then editing your photos further into the app, is pretty simple and easy to get the hang of.  Now I will admit, I'm not a fan of what the app looks like after the most recent update.  Another one of those cases where I wonder why people change something that doesn't need to be changed!  Regardless of that the app looks like now, I still use it to edit my photos!


FLOW FREE
I have had this app for years!!!  I've had my phone for 5 years and this is one of the original game apps and I have no intention in deleting it!  It's a really simple game - you have a square grid, you have some coloured dots, you connect the dots and fill up all the spaces in the grid!  EASY PEASY!  You start off with easy levels, with small grids and then as you progress the grids get larger and larger and you have more pipes to connect and if you have a device larger than an iPhone 4s it's great because it gets fiddly with more difficult levels!  I have completed all the levels, 3 times because I got bored and reset my progress!  You can do time trials, which is pretty self explanatory but at the moment they have daily puzzles, where you are given some puzzles and you have to complete them within 24 hours!  I'm currently on a 187 day streak, I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing hahaha!


PODCASTS
My brother first introduced me to the podcast app, I didn't realise the app was actually on my phone for quite a while!  My favourite podcast to listen to is Psychobabble with Tyler Oakley & Korey Kuhl!  I love Tyler, his videos are ones which I will always watch and he was one of the first people I ever subscribed too!  I love him as a person and him and Korey are just a powerhouse of a team!  They are hilarious to listen too and their laughter is just awesome!  I used to listen to this while I was going to sleep but towards the end of semester, would play episodes instead of listening to music.  It was because of Psychobabble that I found out that the 14th of May is not only my birthday but also Dance Like A Chicken Day!  And yes on my birthday I let everyone know how much of an important day it was!  There are so many other podcasts from other creators which I need to discover and listen too and I can't wait!


And there we have 5 of my favourite apps!  I honestly was thinking I'd have more but because good old iPhone 4s is a little clunky these days, I had to delete quite a few apps and these are some of the lucky ones that were saved!

Do you use any of these apps?  Got any you think I should check out?  Let me know!

Until next time, keep smiling :)   Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

14 comments:

  1. I love Polyvore and VSCO ! Polyvore is so useful to find outfit inspirations.
    VSCO was one my favourite app too, until they did this new design update couple days ago.. I guess I need to get used to it now...

    Have a nice day :)

    xo.TDVR
    www.tenindvr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cannot get enough of Polyvore!!! Yeah it's a little annoying but maybe they'll listen to the feedback they've received and put it back to how it used to be! :) Em xx

      Delete
  2. I used to be obsessed with Polyvore years ago, I had no idea they had an app now! I love VSCO Cam too x
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love it!! So handy with the app as well :) Em xx

      Delete
  3. I was addicted to Polyvore website ages ago. I would sit and create sets pretty much every day. I didn't know they have an app now. I think I may download it.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so should! I'm the same, when I have nothing on or if I'm procrastinating I'll just create so many sets! Em xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing. These sound cool. I'm on Polyvore. :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I'll have to find you on there! Em xx

      Delete
  5. I love Flow Free! Thanks for sharing your favourite apps! I'm thinking of making a list of my own.

    nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never get bored of Flow Free! And you're welcome! Let me know when you do so I can check it out! Em xx

      Delete
  6. Ah I've heard of wuderlist before but never made good use of it. Thanks for remind me! I'll have to get downloading & trying. I always get stuck with apps & use the same ones over & over!

    Katie // Words By Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good alternative to a diary if you want to make lists and you'll usually have your phone with you a lot of the time so it's super handy! Yeah I'm the same with sticking to the same apps all the time haha Em xx

      Delete
  7. I love using VSCO as well - it's great for editing! I usually do most of my editing there, and then use the Instagram filters to touch up a bit as well. Podcasts are amazing - I've been listening to Serial!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I just find it so easy to use! I found Serial last night, going to listen to it today!! :) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx