Saturday, 11 June 2016

May Instagram Diary & Roundup

Yes it's well into June, but we're going to ignore that and blame uni!


Life
I think we all know what I am going to mention here.  University.  Did you guess that?  If yes, 14 points to you!  Oh university.  How I have mixed feelings for you!  I get so emotionally invested in assignments, especially studio ones so that brings along late nights (and I mean LATE nights, should really be early mornings) and then waking up and working through the majority of the say with minimal breaks and going to sleep at a stupid hour!  And repeat.

I don't know if it's a good thing, me getting really invested in my assignments.  On one hand, it's showing that I care about the work I'm doing and I'm not prepared to hand in something which is just a quick fix job.  I'll spend hours at my desk, clicking away on ArchiCAD saving and re-saving, making tiny and what seems like insignificant changes to others but to me would and could have meant the different between a passing and failing.  The flip side to me getting invested in my work is me forgetting about the basic things in life.  Sleeping, eating, you know the things which humans really need to do in order to function well!!  Sleep went out the window.  Right out the window and somewhere else!  For the last bit of semester I reckon I was getting maybe 4-5 hours of sleep a night...  Maybe.  Oh the things we do for uni!

The week before my assignments were due I had some music competitions.  Now this was a huge dilemma for me.  Have a break from uni and perform, miss the competitions and continue on studying and working through assignments.  I had started to get a cold the days before and wasn't feeling the greatest and was thinking, you know maybe I'll message Emily and say she might have to learn a solo....  But instead, decided to not go to the rehearsal on Sunday and preserve my throat and nose for Monday night.

I ended up bringing a sketchbook to the theatre, and tried to write out what I was going to say in my presentation...  Needless to say didn't work very well!  Quite difficult to concentrate when you're backstage!!

The competitions went so well though!  I didn't mess up my solo, literally all the times I had rehearsed it before ended up squeaking which I wasn't too happy with!  My nose didn't appreciate all the clarinet playing though...  By the end of our performance which went for about 20 minutes my nose was running and I was just constantly sniffing.  Really great when you're playing a slow, quiet piece and you've got me trying to get my nose under control!  Although, people in the front row thought it was me getting really emotional so I'll just say it was emotions!  We came first in our section, which was AMAZING!  What wasn't amazing was me jumping up and down in celebration and knocking my old cheap plastic clarinet in my friends hella expensive euphonium.  Amity if you are reading this, I am still SO SORRY!!!


Instagram
I love Instagram, I really do.  But I am not a fan of the feed now.  8 hours ago, 2 hours ago, 11 hours ago, 16 minutes ago.  Seriously Instagram, why change something which didn't need changing?!??!!  Without fault for a while at the top of my feed now is a photo from Stefan Michalak and I had no problem with this because his instagram is amazing and little Grayson is such a dude - so cute!!


~ Catchups with Ainslie ~ Banana pancakes ~ Rainy weather ~
~ Early birthday present selfie ~ Top birthday weekend ~ More rainy weather ~
~ Succulent love ~ Early morning view and a possible possessed toaster ~

emmadaisy
Ah nailed it with the productive month here!  Again, I blame university.


Until next time, keep smiling :)   Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

10 comments:

  1. I've seen a lot of people complain about the new Instagram. Thankfully mine hasn't changed...hey. *hides* x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *yet not hey. Stupid predictive text!

      Delete
    2. Oh you're so lucky!! I just find it so annoying! I don't mind how the appearance of Instagram has changed just how the feed works really annoys me hahah Em xx

      Delete
    3. Ahahah you're alright! Happens all the time to me hahaha Em xx

      Delete
  2. University sucks the life out of me too, but I think your prioritizing is a good thing, and I wish you all the best! Congrats on the musical competition! If I'm not mistaken, I'm assuming you play in some sort of an ensemble? Based on the instruments you mentioned, is it safe to say it's a Brass Band? Hahaha.

    I thought I wouldn't like the idea of the new Instagram update before, but I think it actually serves to benefit us more. I guess it's a matter of opinion!

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! Yeah it was annoying having to step away from my blog but in the long run it was the best decision! Close, but I play in a Symphonic Band! It's a first world problem with Instagram really, there are so many other problems in the world! I'll get used to it! Thanks for the lovely comment! Em xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, your blog is amazing! I love it! xx
    Would you like to follow each other? If yes, please follow me on the both of my blogs and let me know in the comments of my newest posts so I can follow you ASAP.
    Have a great day!

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely! And would love to check your blog out :) Em xx

      Delete
  4. Oh, now I am getting more terrified of uni, haha. I'm sorry you have to endure a runny nose during your performance but I'm sure you did great anyways! :) Also, the new Instagram update doesn't bother me much since I haven't noticed big changes in my feed. x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No don't be terrified of university!! As much as it can suck at times and be extremely stressful, it all works out in the end! And you'll look back on it and think "YES! I got through it!" :) oh so lucky! it's such a first world problem with instagram but I'll get used to it! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx