Saturday, 16 July 2016

My Last First Week At University

Now this all rides on whether I actually pass everything and graduate at the end of the year but I'm not giving myself any other option but to graduate!


I wrote a similar post at the start of semester one and I am still so chuffed, amazed, scared but really proud that I'm here in semester two!  How crazy is this?  I am slightly terrified of what I'm going to do next year but we'll get to that year when it's a bit closer!  My first week is over and really I just want to nap, and cry a little, but I'm going to save the tears for later!  We've been introduced to our units and the assignments have gone up another notch compared to last semester!

My week started with an afternoon class on Monday, I got to uni in the morning and really didn't know what to do.  The top floor of desks were basically empty, in my area especially as I don't wander to where the majority of the architecture students are!  I had already printed out everything I needed the night before and there was nothing really that I could do...  So naturally I spent some time on the internet until one of my friends arrived!  Neither of us had been able to get our panels, models and materials boards from our presentations we did at the end of semester one and knew they were in a locked room so we found someone who would be able to open it up so we'd be able to get our stuff back.  We'd been sent an email saying we had to take our stuff by the end of the week or it would be disposed off and I was quite proud of my work so I wanted to get my work back before it was too late!

I work was in two rooms and honestly I was more worried about not being able to find my model!  Ended up finding it in the middle of a table underneath two other models and I am so happy it wasn't broken!  I was able to find my studio panels easily but finding my panels for lighting and acoustics and then my two materials boards...  Yeah I couldn't find them for a while and I got worried!  Found everything in the end and it was nice to finally get everything back!  My panels are still wrapped in plastic and the materials boards are still in an old shopping bag, and my model has found a home on one of the chairs in the living room, will have to find a more safe spot for it!

For my studio unit, we're looking at hotels and our assignment will be on a dispersed hotel.  I've never worked with anything to do with hotels so I am looking forward to it but I know it's going to be a lot of hard work!  We've got site visits so we can take extra measurements (oh how I'm not looking forward to that) and I think I'll spend a solid day building everything on ArchiCAD!

My other class is going to be a heap of information!  Our first class was very heavy on information and I think I'll have to find some food or something to keep me awake!  The content is interesting, and definitely an eye opener but on a Tuesday afternoon, it's not really what you want.  The assignments I can tell are going to be hectic! 

If I wasn't doing music, I think I would be a lot more awake!  I had my two classes at the start of the week and then for the rest of the week was music rehearsals and I helped out with the younger players so I was there quite a bit!  Was incredibly tired when I got home and was asleep within minutes of lying down.  I do love helping out with the younger players, as much as they test my patience and make me love the fact that I'm studying interior design and not education, they are such a lovely bunch and we do have a lot of fun!

My lip wasn't loving the constant clarinet playing..  Glad to have a few days of not playing haha I have made a heap of progress with my solo in Angels in the Architecture!  I can actually play it hahahahahah!  I've gotten past the point where I want to cry whenever I have to play it but I'm still a bit nervous about it.  But really, I am so happy with how it sounds and a got a round of applause during the week so I must be doing something right!

For now, I think I'm going to go to sleep!  I need sleep!  All last week, I was just looking forward to when I could go to bed!  I wouldn't even stay and look at stuff on my phone, which really is a good thing hahah

I hope you are doing amazingly wherever you are!  How has your week been? 

Until next time, keep smiling :)   Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

4 comments:

  1. Aww I'm so glad to hear it's going good for you! Good luck with the rest of it :) Staying awake in afternoon classes is hard. Caffeinated drinks and a cereal bar or similar are always good! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! It sucks because I don't think coffee really has an effect on me haha I can't have it right before I go to sleep and I'll fall asleep in minutes hahah going to be buying more fruit to snack on though! Em xx

      Delete
  2. It's wonderful to hear that everything is going well for you, Em! I wish you the best with that is left and I hope you'll have an amazing time :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It suck a nice change to be honest hahaha I do hope the semester goes somewhat smoothly hahaha! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx