Thursday, 29 September 2016

A Gloomy Thursday Catch Up

As the title says, it's a Thursday and it is pretty gloomy, but quite cosy.  The sky is grey, it's raining and I just wish I could stay in bed all day but that wouldn't be all that productive!

I've just also made myself an iced chocolate/coffee drink...  I don't get my logic sometimes hahah


For the past two weeks I've stayed home on Thursday.  Normally, I'd go into uni work for a bit then leave to go to Launceston College and practice a friends composition and then I'd stay in town and grab some food before my music rehearsal in the afternoon.  Last week I had every intention of going in on Thursday but life and university had other plans!

We're always told to back up our work and have multiple copies of our work so if something happens and we lose things, we'll have a backup.  So on Wednesday last week, I planned on backing up all my stuff.  After a few times of trying to back everything up, shit hit the fan.  My hard drive crashed, finder wasn't responding then everything on my desktop disappeared.  And my stress levels went through the roof.  I didn't want to wake anyone up because it was close to 1am, so I was googling trying to find out what happened and how to fix it and nothing was working and I was freaking out to the max!  Insert Emma crying.

However, the perks of having the best fambalam and an older and amazing brother who is brilliant with computers, is that they don't mind if a crying Emma wakes them up and asks for help.  I seriously love my family.  I then stayed up and talked with mum for a bit to calm down and just have a nice 1am chat and decided to stay home on Thursday.  So sent my friend Claire a message asking if we could miss tomorrows rehearsal.  My head was all over the place and just needed a day to get back down to earth and sort out all the laptop issues!

And it was so weird being home on a Thursday.  Since being at uni, I've gone in even if I don't have class so I can go to my rehearsal in the afternoon and it was just so weird!  That day was all over the place, so I'm pretty glad I decided to stay home!

University has been interesting.  Stressful and interesting.  We had a formative presentation on Monday and man all I really wish I could have is a stress-free few days before I have any form of presentations.  I'm not asking for much hahaha I use a program called ArchiCAD to build everything and it's great, really cool program but I have a love hate relationship with it.  I'm not a pro at the program and half the time, I'm winging it but story settings, they are the most painful thing.  And story settings coupled with a multi-split level building is a downright nightmare.  I wanted to fix my story settings, because in the long run this would be an extremely helpful and smart thing to do.  Goes to change story settings.  ENTIRE FILE GOES CRAZY AND EVERYTHING MOVES AND GOES TO WRONG HEIGHTS AND I NEARLY STARTED CRYING AGAIN.

So I went to sleep and decided to tackle it the next day.  Took me over 48 hours to fix everything and I was not happy.  Sure I was happy that I'd solved (90%) the problems but I wasn't happy that I'd spend such a long amount of time in one site and I had a heap of work to do elsewhere.  On Saturday, I stayed up til 4am (Sunday morning) working and then woke up a few hours later and just worked my butt off!  I got so much work done but still need to draw 8 details which I am not looking forward too!


The formative assessment with pretty well.  I was meant to be presenting third but the two girls before me didn't come to class so I got to present first!  YAY!  The way the presentations were run were weird, if I'm honest.  Two people would be presenting at the same time and we were meant to present for five minutes in front of our tutor and another academic staff member, and then they would give us five minutes feedback.  Then our tutor and the other staff member would swap over to the other person presenting and then the rest of the class would come over to my presentation and then I'd talk to them about my design for five minutes and then we'd have five minutes to discuss things.  I think.  I still have no idea how it was meant to go.  Nothing really kept to time and some people had more time with out tutor and the other guy who came, and some had the minimum ten minute session and it was just all over the place!

I found my feedback had both positives and negatives to it.  My concept is exposed so I was told to push that more instead of taking a more subdued route.  Which is a perfectly reasonable thing to ask but I've just got to find that balance between pushing the limits and being sensible because I don't want to alienate any of the jurors because that wouldn't end well!

And now I am just working away on assignments.  I'll sit in my room and put YouTube videos on in the background or some music and try and get some quality work done!  I've been watching videos from my subscriptions but I've always been binge watching Let's Play videos from Deligracy.  I do love The Sims and as I can't play it myself because assignments suck, the next best thing is watching someone else play it!  I'm currently watching her Barbie series and I am loving it!

Also SCREAM QUEENS IS BACK!!!!  I loved the first season and watched Episode 2 while I was having lunch today and I am so keen for the rest of the season!!!

Until next time, keep smiling :)   Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x 
Twitter | Instagram | Google+ | Bloglovin'

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you had a difficult time, Emma. But I hope you'll get some time to relax and focus on yourself. Uni can be hard and I know it. But don't give up! Also, you are one lucky girl for having a brother who's good with computers :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life just throws a heap of hurdles your way sometime hahah can be a bit bothersome! I'll get there, I say this all the time but I will get there hahah :) Em xx

      Delete
  2. Take some time to relax and focus on you. Positive days ahead hun! ALSO scream queens...girl I'm so happy it's back on!!❤️
    KeepingupwithMJ.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Thank you :) just need to look out for the positives! And yassss! Cannot get enough of Scream Queens!! :) Em xx

      Delete
  3. Ahh I'm so excited for Scream Queens return! Make sure you give yourself time to just chill out, it sounds like you're not at the moment and that is probably why things get so on top of you. It is awful and terrifying when laptops and computers go wrong though, I know! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am obsessed with Scream Queens!!! So good!!! Yeah it's not my strong point giving myself a break and some time to myself! Something I definitely need to work on :) ahhh it's the worst when something happens with your computer, worst timing hahaha Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx