Friday, 16 September 2016

A Work In Progress by Connor Franta

I love the internet.  I love books.  I love Connor Franta.  I love A Work In Progress.


Connor was one of the first people that I subscribed to on YouTube and it's been amazing seeing how far he's come over the years!  When he first announced he was releasing a memoir, I was over the moon.  I love how creative Connor it, he can talk about the most simple of topics and make it sound like poetry, and I knew the actual physical thing would look incredible.  I was really slow in buying the book but it was so worth the wait.

In 212 pages, Connor shares stories from his life, and when I finished reading everything I felt like I understood Connor a little bit better.  There are parts which will make you chuckle, parts which will make your cheeks hurt from smiling, and there are chapters which will inspire you, and other parts which will really make you think hard.  How Connor writes is just amazing, you really feel like he's just talking to you over a cup of coffee.  His words flow effortlessly and no matter chapter, I was hooked and just wanted to keep reading and turning that page.


Also, and probably one of my favourite things about the book was how it felt.  I think Connor thought of everything and having a book which wasn't the stereotypical smooth texture was a big plus for me!  I don't know, I'm not weird I promise!  It just felt really nice!!!

I loved the entire book but here are some chapters that I especially adored were Letters From My Parents, Creativity, Coffee, and Where I Find Happiness.  There were so many points in the book where I sat back and was going "wow just wow" and I'd stop where I was at and go to tell mum what I'd just read!  Mum knows a bit about Connor now hahaha

If you don't know who Connor Franta is, please, please go and check out his channel or pick up a copy of A Work In Progress.  He also has a pretty neat Instagram too! 

Until next time, keep smiling :)   Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x 
Twitter | Instagram | Google+ | Bloglovin'

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm very wary of YouTuber books and their quality and I haven't watched Connor that much but this sounds really good, I love the cover too!
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Work In Progress and Binge by Tyler Oakley are honestly the two books written by YouTubers that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend! I'd get my family to read them if they wanted hahah Em xx

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to get this book for a long time. It sounds like I would love it. And since I adore Connor, I need to read it asap.

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you so need too!! I could read it over and over and over again!! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx