Monday, 5 September 2016

August Instagram Diary & Roundup

August was a very interesting month.

I think to say it was a good month for life experience in general, would be very accurate.

Life
I was lucky enough to go to Sydney for some music competitions in August!  I had never been to Sydney before so understandably was pretty excited, although I wasn't too pleased with having to take someones milk in my suitcase!  Studying design, we've been told so much about the Sydney Opera House and also Sydney Harbour Bridge, so being able to see them - it was AWESOME!

Other than university, music has taken up a lot of my time.  Next weekend on I have Australian National Championships and to say I'm nervous is an understatement.   Because I'm "old" I couldn't play in the Junior D-Grade which was an under 19 section but I was quite happy about this because it meant I'd be able to focus all my energy towards A-Grade.  Well, look who got subbed in as a permit player....?  ME!  I was so happy, so incredibly happy when I was told I'd be playing in D-Grade haha!

I'm not worried about D-Grade because I can play the pieces, but I really just wanted to concentrate on A-Grade.  We're playing four pieces and probably are going to be on stage for over half an hour and the pieces that we are playing are heavy on clarinet.  I seriously feel like composers are really hard on clarinets!  I get that we're the violins or the band but come on, we don't have an unlimited air supply!

I also have two solo.  One is so incredible exposed and I've only just got the rhythm under my fingers!  Talk about taking it to the line!  I'm now trying to decide whether to do the solo with in just one breath or take a breath somewhere, I still haven't figured out where to take a breath!  I've listened to how others have played it but I'm just going to have to play around with some variations!

Instagram


~ Just silly mochas ~ Nippy Saturday mornings ~ Feet of a sleepy student ~ Graffiti art love ~
~ Bar 84 of The Cowboys ~ Standard Friday ~ And home sweet home ~ Photogenic noot noot squad ~
~ Sydney Opera House ~ Sydney Harbour Bridge ~ Me in a cup ~ Manly Beach ~ 

emmadaisy
ALL OF THE PRODUCTIVITY!!

I'm going to work on my studio project, and hope that I'm able to get a bit of work done before my class which is in two hours!!

Until next time, keep smiling :)   Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you been busy recently! I know that you will perform wonderfully for sure, Em :) Just the best of luck to you. Also, I looooove your insta feed, so beautiful :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's going to get so much busier over the coming weeks! Ah but it'll be all worth it when I've graduated! And thank youuuu!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a great and busy month - your insta feed looks amazing, I would love to visit Sydney one day, one of my friends used to live there. Good luck with your performance! xx

    113thingstosay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So incredibly busy and thank you! I can't wait to get back to Sydney!! Em xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!! Yeah it it pretty beautiful :) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx