Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Binge by Tyler Oakley

Tyler Oakley has been doing his amazing thing on YouTube for nine years.  I haven't been watching his videos right from the start, I was in grade 8 at high school and hadn't ever heard of YouTube! 


I've got a feeling I bought Binge on a Friday...  I'm now searching through my Instagram to find a photo I posted!  Think I'd received a final grade for my furniture unit at university and I did quite well so had celebrated with a smoothie from Earthy Eats and also finally decided to pick up a copy of Binge.  I'd been putting it off for ages, I have no idea why but I am still so glad to this day that I bought this.

I remember sitting down with my smoothie and just started reading and honestly lost track of time.  And when I finally looked up and saw how much I had read, I was shocked but also so incredibly pleased!  I love when I have a book, doesn't matter what type, and when you just get lost in it!  Only problem with this is I always have everyone telling me to pace myself when I read, because I finish them in a few days!


I'm usually pretty good at controlling my emotions but I had trouble trying to stifle my laughter oh so many times while reading Binge!  Did scare a guy when I let out this little snort of laughter...  He wanted to know what I found so amusing in the book but all I said was that he'd have to read it himself because I wouldn't have been able to explain it and do it justice!  Also would have struggled to get through explaining it without having a serious case of the giggles...!

When I read Binge, and I don't know if this is weird or not but in my head, it's Tyler's voice not mine?  Is that weird?  Does it make sense?  I don't know, I've just gotten so used to watching his videos, that when I was making my way through Binge, Tyler was reading it to me.  I could probably get the Audible version of the book and then I would actually have Tyler reading the book hahaha!


Like A Work In Progress, this is a book written by an online content creator that I would without a doubt recommend to friends, family, random person and the bookshop, anyone!  Whether you are a fan of his or not, it is a very good read!  His personality shines through like you cannot imagine and it was an absolute joy to read!!!

I'm not going to spoil what happens within the book just in case you haven't read it yet but some of my favourite chapters were Matthew, Unnecessary Holiday Traditions, A Love Lesson, One Direction, What Michelle Obama Smells Like, honestly I could list the entire book.  I really could.  The emotions I had going through Binge, was sometimes like an emotional roller coaster.  The honesty in Binge, truly incredible!

So if you haven't already read Binge, this is your moment.  Go get it!  You won't regret it, promise.

And on the off chance that you're reading this Tyler, hello!  Also thank you, a massive thank you for Binge.  And your YouTube and generally yourself.  You're a cool human! 

Until next time, keep smiling :)   Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x 

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx