Friday, 7 October 2016

Friday Lists & Fairy Bread

You know those days where you wake up on the wrong side of the bed and your morning just doesn't seem to go your way?  That was me this morning but I have been determined to get through it and have somewhat of a productive day!  My fam definitely got to see a grumpy morning Emma which they haven't seen in quite some time!

The last two days haven't been my best motivation wise but that's just how life goes really.  You're going to have good days and bad days, it's just how we tackle them!  Looking at everything from a different perspective, a different angle, can really help.



For me, last night I decided to write a list of things to do.  And I just wrote a heap of things down.  From doing a nose strip to a face mask, to making my bed and just things around the house and my room.  Clothes have been folded and put away, bed has been made, model materials have been packed up and put together and I now have a card table where I am now sitting and able to work at.  I have a gorgeous view outside, it's a beautiful day, my neighbours are riding their horses and oddly one of the most satisfying things is that I'm looking at a bed which has been made.  Sure it's not perfect and I won't win any awards for my pillow/cushion arranging but still, I'm happy!

I was watching Zoella's recent video, Winding Down & Mindful Minutes, and while I loved the entire video and found it interesting there was one thing she said that I thought, you know what?  I'm actually going to do this.  And that was the notion of a healthy home/room/space = a healthy mind.  Now I will be the first to admit that I'm not known for having a tidy bedroom.  Pretty sure my entire family would have quite a lot to say about this haha!  But this morning, after having a bit of a bleugh moment, I went and did a spot of tidying.  I put some music on from my Chill playlist on Spotify and with my nose strip on went about tidying.  I got to cross out a items on my list and it felt great!


And now the next thing on my list, is to tackle the items which relate to university and things which I have to do for my assignments.  I already have a check list of what I need for each assignment but there are a lot of smaller tasks which have to be completed before anything else happens!

I have just had the most nutritious lunch.  As a 23 year old I really do pride myself on my cooking abilities and for lunch today I made some fairy bread.  Really technical meal to make, requires a lot of time and effort and top chefs would struggle to perfect it.

Can you sense my sarcasm?  I really hope so hahahah!!  Yeah fairy bread isn't the most healthiest thing to have, but yeah some days it just does the trick and reminds me of childhood parties!  Fairy bread is an absolute must have at any party!


I also made a not so warm/not so cold coffee drink to have with me while I work.  Even though as I'm typing this I've nearly finished it!  But ah it was the thought that counts hahah

My next task I'm going to tackle is coming up with a couple of bathroom layouts for a site and then seeing which one works the best and then developing it up more, putting it into ArchiCAD then I'll be moving onto another task..  Probably something which needs to be done in the same site.  I am kind of putting off working through the National Construction Code but it's something that I'm not going to be able to avoid!

Ah the downside of interior architecture, having to get your head around standards, rules and regulations!  It's not all fun and games!!!

Until next time, keep smiling :)   Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x 

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx