Thursday, 3 November 2016

3 Days In New South Wales

In August I went to Sydney for the first time.  And I loved it!  This is going to be more like a visual photo diary, rather than a wordy one!  Hope you like it!!


I had never been to Sydney before (shock horror!) so I was a little bit excited!  The girls I'm friends with from music, we also decided to coordinate a little bit of our outfits...  You'll see what I mean a little later!

We left for Sydney on Friday morning and I was at the airport way before anyone else but it was nice to be able to sit down, relax, have some banana bread and do a little bit of people watching!  I'm never normally at the airport, as I don't travel (sad face) but I just love the atmosphere of an airport.  It's just a bustle of activity, and you get to see so many characters!

So Sydney.  Why have I never visited you before.  I personally loved it!

I've always wanted to see Sydney for myself rather than through photos and it was so worth the wait.  Seeing the Harbour Bridge and Opera House was just incredible, they're two Australian landmarks, which I've seen and heard of all my life, they've been spoken about on numerous occasions at university and actually seeing them in person, ah was amazing.  I didn't realise how large they were though, like I knew they were going to be huge but dayuuuum pictures and videos do not do them justice!



I'm also really good at having my photo taken in front of landmarks.  #model

And now the Noot Noot Squad.  These are the girls who make music rehearsals amazing.  And we all just somehow ended up wearing the same top to Sydney.  What are the odds?!?



Did we get some funny looks?  Yeah.  Were those people jealous of out insane style?  Yeah.

Circular Quay was so incredibly busy.  We were also very hungry.  Food was also very expensive.  I had a bit of a shock when I payed for a chicken salad wrap...  Was tasty but still a bit expensive!

One cramped ferry trip later and we were in Manly and I fell in love.  I'm going to say vibe so get ready for that.  The vibe of Manly.  I loved it.  The people were so friendly, the beach was beautiful.  Only downside was the seagulls.  They were next level violent and I had to guard my ice cream!  Also the ice cream I had.  One word - YUM!



It wasn't even perfect beach weather but it was so pretty.  So incredibly pretty.  I want to visit more beaches now, and I'm not usually one who would want to go and hang out by the seaside!

There was an ice cream place called Royal Copenhagen Ice Cream Cone Co. and omg if you're in Manly or there is one of these ice cream shops wherever you are, you need to go in and grab some ice cream!  I got a chocolate scoop and coffee scoop and far out, easily one of the best, and I mean best ice creams that I've ever had.  Was delicious!  But remember to guard your food because those seagulls are nifty and very nearly took my ice cream on a few occasions!


Now I have a bone to pick with Blue Mountains.  They weren't blue.  Let down.  That false advertising but I'll let it slide because they were just stunning.  It was freezing when we got there and I am so glad I brought my puffy jacket because I think I would have frozen!  I wish we could have stayed for longer, we only got maybe half an hour from memory and it just wasn't enough time!!!



I personally loved Sydney.  I didn't take half as many photos that I wanted too and there were so many stores where I wish I had taken extra time to look through and buy a few things.  I really want to go back to Sydney and explore more.  I was lucky enough to go to major parts of New South Wales but I would just love to go to the little places, places off the map, places just which aren't the classic tourist spots.

So Sydney, New South Wales, Australia expect a visit from me soon!

Until next time, keep smiling :)   Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x 

6 comments:

  1. Aw I love your tops so much, you all look fab! Your photos are beaut as well, Sydney looks amazing. Looks and sounds like you had such a good time. I would love to go to sydney, but Australia is the other side of the world to me - hopefully one Day!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! We were pretty stylish hahaha! Sydney was incredible, can't wait to go back! I'm exactly the same as you, I want to go to the Uk and explore!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. Ah, it sounds amazing! I'm happy that you had such an amazing time and your photos look lovely! It's such a gorgeous place :) x

    - Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! I really want to spend more time at the mountains next time and do some some of the walks!! Em xx

      Delete
  3. Love these picture!
    clandestine-v.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Sydney is such a beautiful place!! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx