Wednesday, 16 November 2016

A Peek In My Little Makeup Bag

I'm not the biggest makeup wearer in the world.  I like to wear the facially naked look quite often but I do love makeup.  Love watching tutorials on YouTube, although if someone would ask me to do winged eyeliner I would probably laugh and run away!

But I do wear makeup from time to time, not a full face of makeup but I wear what I feel comfortable wearing!  So here I present you with everything that is in my little makeup bag!  And I mean everything hahaha 

So this is my little makeup bag!  I bought it a year or so ago as the other bag I'd been using, although pretty, kept un-clipping and it was getting a tad annoying opening my handbag to find all my makeup products scattered throughout!  I saw the print initially, and fell in love!  It's by Nicky James and it's perfect for what I need to put in there!


The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream:  This is a good old faithful of mine!  Before using this I was only using powders and after looking around The Body Shop, I saw this and really wanted to give it a try.  It gives me a light coverage which I find great as I like having a light face of makeup.  You can still see any spots or the like underneath but this can always be helped by applying more of the product, using some concealer or powder!

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder 003 Peach Glow:  When I got this it was a toss up between the translucent one or one which gave some coverage.  And I'm really glad I went with one which provided a little bit of coverage!  It doesn't go funky and look obvious that I have powder on when I'm wearing the BB Cream and provides subtle coverage when I just want a little powder on and nothing else!  And yes, I have hit pan to the max!  Never fear, I have two more!

Youngblood Small Kabuki Brush:  I bought this quite some time ago.  The place where I get my eyebrows done, they stock Youngblood products and along with some beauty products I picked this brush and I love it!  I use this to apply powder and I just love what it does!  I've tried other brushes but this one is my absolute top pick for powder!

Benefit the POREfessional:  I bought this last year when I was coming back from Melbourne and I use it on and off.  When I do use it, my pores are minimised, whatever I put on my face afterwards applies like a dream and also stays there!  Which is great for me as my face can get a tad oily and makeup doesn't like to stay!


Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15 Fair Clair:  I have gone through so many concealers trying to find one which just works for me and this is it!  Granted, first time I bought this concealer, I got it a shade too darkBut either way, correct shade or not, I love this product!  Covers up any spots or bits I want covered and blends perfectly into my skin!  Some days at uni, I would just wear this and powder and I was good to go!

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in shade 101 Ivory:  If it wasn't for I don't know how many YouTubers and bloggers raving about this, I probably wouldn't have bought this as soon as when I did.  I use this under my eyes and anywhere I want to brighten and it does the trick!  I've re-purchased this a few times and it's one of those products which I would happily recommend!

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara:  This was another item which I bought as I'd heard and read countless reviews on it!  And I wasn't disappointed!  I've tried the waterproof version as well, accidentally bought that one first without realising, and had no problems with it other than it was a bugger of a thing to remove!  This mascara makes my eyelashes look lovely and long and I've had no problems with it!

Benefit Gimme Brow in 05 Deep:  I bought this while I was on my way back from Melbourne and as soon as I saw there was a Benefit stand in the store I literally made a b-line for the entrance and went in search of Gimme Brow!  I had wanted to try this for so long and was so glad to get my hands on it!  My brows are quite full as they are and I don't wear a great deal of makeup and I can just put this through my brows and it just gives them that little extra oomph and hello incredible brows!!  I've gotten so many compliments on my brows and it's thanks to my genes and this product hahahah

Revlon lipstick, 423 Pink Velvet:  I wore this to my graduation exhibition (which you can read about here) and I hadn't reall worn it all that much previously as when I go to uni or leave the house lipstick isn't at the top of what I put on my face!  It's a gorgeous, fun shade which is like a coral pink mixed with a bright but not too bright pink and I'll definitely be wearing this more in the summer months!

Revlon lipstick, 245 Smoky Rose:  If I would wear anything on my lips at uni or if I had to look nice and presentable, it would be this!  Although not to music rehearsals as I would be told that I was ruining the integrity of my clarinet reeds if I wore lipstick, so no lipstick or anything like that to music rehearsals!  It's a really nice nude and is great because it doesn't need a lip liner beforehand!

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss, 014 Rosepearl:  Now, can't say I've worn this all that much in the recent past.  Lip gloss is great, but lip gloss + wind + hair isn't a good combination haha!  Nevertheless, gorgeous product and I might start wearing it more with the warmer months here!


Manicare eyebrow brush:  Little bit battered but still does the job!  Mum was the one who got this for me come to think of it and it has served me well!  Does a good job of putting my brows into shape and some mornings, this is all I'll need to  have them looking nice and presentable!  I'm quite lucky where I have quite full brows as it is and don't need to do that much to them!

Nail file:  Do love this specific type of nail file, it just works with my nails!  Simple but effective, and doesn't take up too much space which is great!


Random bits and bobs:  And then we have random bits and bobs that make their way to the bottom of bags.  I had a good chuckle when I saw what was left!  Hair ties, bobby clips and some bandaids which are standard.  But then a clarinet reed, these are like so great for your makeup routine!  I love the Buffet no. 3 ones, really good.  Also a little sachet thing of Vegemite.  Again, such a great addition to your beauty collection, a really multi-purpose product!

I think it's time I took a few of the odd items out of my makeup bag!

Look at me, going out of the good old comfort zone and writing about something beauty related....  Let me know what you think of this, or if there is something else you'd like to see me write about!

Also none of this was sponsored!  All opinions are my own as well like usual!
Until next time, keep smiling :)   Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I love Maybelline's Lash Sensational mascara as well, it's my go to product. Also, I really want to try Revlon lipsticks but we don't have Revlon in Lithuania :(

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) was nice to see a product which matched the hype haha aww that sucks :/ Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx