Saturday, 12 November 2016

Interior Design Graduating Exhibition - I DID IT!!!

So I didn't receive that dreaded email from my tutors saying they'd found something horrifically wrong so that means..... 

I AM GRADUATING!!!


I was getting my hair done last Tuesday and just as my hairdresser walked over I got an email saying out grades were up for an assignment..  Perfect timing!  I love my hairdresser, she gave me some time to check out the results and then we carried on with our appointment!  And so I knew I had passed my studio unit and although the mark I received was really good, I started to worry about my other unit.  And was dreading that on the day of our exhibition, I'd get the dreaded email.

But it never happened.  I did get an email saying results were up for the other assignment and again was perfect timing.  Got to love perfect timing.  Mum was leaving for work and she was putting her shoes on and I jumped up from the table mumbling something about results and mum goes worried that something bad was going to happen and dad was doing something else, can't really remember now!

But oh my goodness.  I saw my result, said what I got and didn't really believe what I was seeing.  It was higher than the two other grades I'd received for that unit and then I had mum and dad saying "you've done it!" ....  I hadn't failed, I'd passed everything with pretty good marks and I would be graduating.

I didn't sink in, I don't whether it still has sunk it that I'll be graduating if I'm honest.

On Wednesday night, we had out Interior Design Graduating Exhibition and I had previously been to one for my best friend Alannah when she graduated so was excited that I was going to one where my work and the work of my classmates would be celebrated!


We'd all pitched in to make food, get drinks and decoration and spent a good part of Wednesday pinning our work up and getting the spaces ready for the exhibition.  I baked some cookies and also failed at a hedgehog slice but we whipped up another chocolate and coconut slice so it all worked out!  To save money, we picked flowers instead of going to a florist and I brought a bucket load of flowers from the garden!  They smelt incredible!

We hadn't really discussed the dress code for the exhibition but really I think we could have nearly worn whatever we felt was appropriate!  Many years ago, I bought a dress from Sportsgirl and I was thinking, why not, I'm going to wear this dress!  It's gorgeous and I regret not ever wearing it before hahah


I paired it with some flats that I have also owned for years, good old faithful black flats, and also a leather (fake leather) jacket from Forever New.  I loved what I wore and even tanned for the exhibition!  Big step for me hahaha I did make the mistake of wearing sports tights in the morning and they left annoying marks on my legs so I wore some skin tone stockings to cover it up!

Makeup wasn't really that exciting hahah, kept it pretty simple!  Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream from The Body Shop in shade 1, covered up any spots with Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15 Fair Clair, brightened my under eyes with the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in shade 101 Ivory, powered with Rimmel Stay Matte 003 Peach Glow, lashes got some Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara, eyebrows were reunited with Benefit Gimme Brow and on my lips was a Revlon lipstick, 423 Pink Velvet.  Hair was also super simple, because simple is my game!  Freshened up my locks with some dry shampoo from Batiste and it was the Cherry one and then twisted back some front bits and that's really it!  Just a look which I feel extremely comfortable in!

It was such a nice night and my parents were able to come and see the school building where I'd spend so much time!  I got to show them around the majority of the school and also showed them all the work that my classmates had completed, and also the work that the architecture students and I think they really enjoyed it!  They'd never been in the building as the School of Architecture so it was nice for them so see the building, I do love the place, it is pretty incredible!

There were a few awards that were given out and I was lucky enough to receive an award, something which I didn't expect!  I got an award for Best Progress within the Interior Design Program 2016, for significant growth as an Interior Designer since starting the Bachelor of Environmental Design (Interior Design)!!  Kirsty and Jackie, my tutors said I was extremely deserving of this award and that I had absolutely pushed myself so hard and the assignments which I had been producing were something to be very proud of!  Dad gasped when my name was called out and when I looked over at them, they both looked like they had tears in their eyes and yeah, surreal moment!

I had really hit my design strive, my design maturity this year and I am really, really proud and chuffed with myself!


My hotel was called The Espy Hotel and looked at exposing and reveal the original features and characters of each of the site.  There were so many features of all the sites which were either hidden from view or just not celebrated and my aim was to reveal these and create interior insertions which respected the original buildings.

This semester was quite a challenge.  Each semester, it gets harder and kicks up a notch but I'm glad to say that I got through it all!  Hard work definitely pays off!


I've also made some incredible friends over the past two years.  I've worked with so many people over my time at university and my classmates this year have just been an amazing bunch!  Design world look out!  Class of 2016 is coming!

Until next time, keep smiling :)   Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x 

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, girl!!! I'm so proud of you and you look lovely in these photos. xx

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leta! And a massive thank you for all your supportive comments this year :) so proud of myself for getting to the end of my degree!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!
    clandestine-v.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, massive congratulations Emma! I knew you could do it, mind. And you definitely deserved the award. I know you worked so hard! Well done you! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aimee!!! You've been so supportive and I just can't thank you enough!! :) Em xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! It looked like you had a great time celebrating your achievement as well x

    Lily Blogs Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes was an amazing night! :) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx